Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your three favorite directors

It's really hard to choose just three, but i really enjoyed:

Luis Bu?uel, Carl Theodor Dreyer and Jean Luc Godard. They literally changed my life forever! I seriously loved cinema after watching their brilliant films.

[i'll write a more thoughtful post later, but i have to end this now since its late]

I can narrow it down to one: Ishiro Honda. There are/were many good foreign directors, but to me, he's great. Of course, most people could care less for his films, but in his genre, he's unbeatable.

There are so many excellent directors it is hard to pick three: I agree Ishiro Honda is fantastic.

My pick for top three is probably: 1. Fritz Lang - 2. Sergei Eisenstein - 3. Akira Kurasawa.

Though I'm sure this list will probably change tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard one to call especially since my opinion changes regularly but... I'd have to say Ingmar Bergman, Vittorio De Sica and Francois Truffaut.

As far as modern/ recent foreign directors I would have to say Bille August, Guiseppe Tornatore and Zhang Yimou

• 3 months later...

Three favourite foreign language directors?

My first would have to be Fellini. He seems to be out of fashion, but then so am I probably. Favourite Fellini movie: La Strada. Which always makes me cry. Most recent Fellini film seen: Toby Dammit (visually just glorious).

My second pick would have to Jean-Luc Godard, purely on the basis of his early movies like Breathless, A Woman is a Woman, Band of Outsiders, etc. Making experimental cinema fun!

My third pick, I think I'll go for Werner Herzog. Aguirre, the Wrath of God being a movie that affected me more than just about any other film I've ever seen. Proof that epic doesn't have to be bad! And I loved Nosferatu too. The carnival of death scene in the piazza!