Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
edgeciff

NEW FOX TITLES FOR JANUARY

FOX Home Video has announced five new titles for release in January: 3 Doris Day movies: DO NOT DISTURB with Rod Taylor, MOVE OVER DARLING with James Garner (probably the best of the three Day FOX movies) and CAPRICE with Rod Taylor. CAPRICE is probably the worst film Day ever made. I remember in this one Day was photographed under tons of gauze.

Also released is another stinker: MR. BILLION. Can't understand why this obscure comedy is being released on DVD.

The goodie in these new releases is the long awaited Rouben Mamoulian classic BLOOD AND SAND. This is one of the most gorgeous Technicolor film I have ever seen. It should be spectacular on DVD.

Also, what ever happened to A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN?

> Would like to see Linda Darnell's films released on

> DVD.

I known that at least " A Letter to Three Wives ", Unfaithfully Yours ", " The Mark of Zorro ", and " Fallen Angel " are out on DVD, because I have them. But " Blood and Sand " would be a good addition." Buffalo Bill " is available also

I think Darnell is fairly well represented on DVD now. Other Darnell titles also available include ANNA AND THE KING OF SIAM, NO WAY OUT and IT HAPPENED TOMORROW. Hopefully FOREVER AMBER and HANGOVER SQUARE are coming. Would also like to see CENTENNIAL SUMMER and the very funny EVERYBODY DOES IT which co-stars Paul Douglas. I believe Darnell and Douglas made three films together.

Want to see more Jeanne Crain --- MARGIE, APARTMENT FOR PEGGY, THE FAN, THE MODEL AND THE MARRIAGE BROKER, DANGEROUS CROSSING, THE TATTERED DRESS, GENTLEMEN MARRY BRUNETTES, MAN WITHOUT A STAR, THE JOKER IS WILD. O'HENRY'S FULL HOUSE is coming to DVD next month.

Doris Day clearly sells a lot of DVDS - almost everything she made is out on DVD which is very rare outside of Marilyn Monroe for an actress from her era. Those three new Day titles are among Doris' least successful films. I would like to see Fox put out JOHNNY APOLLO with Tyrone Power and Dorothy Lamour and the Technicolor circus picture CHAD HANNA with Lamour, Henry Fonda, and Linda Darnell. And they haven't released a thing with Loretta Young other than BORN TO BE BAD and I'm sure that's because Cary Grant is her leading man.

CALL OF THE WILD opposite Clark Gable has just been released. Loretta has been virtually ignored on DVD. The following are also available:

THE BISHOP'S WIFE

THE FARMERS DAUGHTER

THE STRANGER

Also, her two TV shows and drama specials are available on DVD.

Would like to see COME TO THE STABLE, MOTHER WAS A FRESHMAN, ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL and BECAUSE OF YOU.

Loretta Young can also be seen in CAUSE FOR ALARM! - which is on DVD, though it may be out of print. She's also in ALONG CAME JONES, in which she looks so beautiful my eyes practically melt. That hair, those eyes, those lips...She was a stunning beauty.

Max