Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your votes for the greatest performances of all-time by an actor & actress-(top 5 to 10)?

spence

Watching the supremely perfect 1993 (9) time *Oscar contender "The Remains of the Day" yet again-(on another network) I'm always reminded, due to *Anthony Hopkins-(l937-) performance as Mr. Stevens, a work I rank as the finest I've witnessed by an actor since I started reviewing new releases in a theatre in (1982)

It also brings to mind, what exactly-(despite *Oscars,etc) are the top (5-10) greatest performances by performers in motion picture history?

Both (Male) & (Female)

My own candidates/votes are> (NOTE: Like the *AMPAS only 1 nominee per category) (*-always indicates an Academy award winner)

1st place Spencer Tracy in both "Inherit the Wind" (l960) & "The 0ld Man and the Sea" (l958)-(Warner Bros.)

2nd Orson Welles in "Citizen Kane" (l941-RKO)

3rd Charles Chaplin in "City Lights" (l93l-UA)-(barely over his own 1936 "Modern Times" (United Artists)

*4th Robert De Niro in "Raging Bull" (l980)

& 5th Laurence 0livier in "Richard III" (l956)

AND: The Actresses:

1st place Maria Falconetti in "Passion of Joan of Arc" (l928-French)

2. Greta Garbo in "Camille" (l937-MGM)

*3. Vivien Leigh in "A Streetcar Named Desire" (l95l-WB's)

*4. Meryl Streep in "Sophie's Choice" (l982)

& *5th Katharine Hepburn in "The Lion in Winter" (l968)

(TRIVIA: "Premiere magazine"-(l987-2012) once conducted a poll/survey of the overall greatest performance by any performer in cinematic history & they voted>

Peter 0'Toole in *"Lawrence of Arabia" as No. 1)

THANK YOU & PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings