Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Crimson Kimono (1959)

Kid Dabb

Linkback 

A stripper runs out onto a Los Angeles street in the Little Tokyo district, in a state of undress, mortally wounded by a gunshot. Police detectives Joe Kojaku (James Shigeta) and Charlie Bancroft (Glenn Corbett), partners and bachelors who share an apartment, are assigned to the case.

The Crimson Kimono (1959) - film noir

I came into this one about 15 minutes from the end. Shigeta and Corbett are terrific and work well together here. I had not heard of this film before stumbling across it this morning, now I'll be on the lookout for future dates.

TCMDb Overview

GET-TV has been showing the film about every two weeks or so.    I have seen it twice in the last month (hadn't seen it until than).     I made a few comments in the noir threads.

Nice late noir era film.     I often went to Little Tokyo around 10 years after this film was made and the film brought back some memories.    The most sensitive Sam Fuller film.    A well balanced mix of crime solving,  police procedure,   interracial relationship and buddy movie.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings