Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ooh Eee Ooh Ah Ah, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

CaveGirl

For all fans of witch doctor movies, here's one not to miss on Tuesday:

28 Tuesday         8:00 AM SAADIA (1953)  

A young doctor in the Sahara clashes with the local witch doctor.

DirAlbert Lewin Cast:  Cornel Wilde , Mel Ferrer , Rita Gam .

C-87 mins,

In the realm of free association, REAR WINDOW is my #3 all-time movie.

• Like 1

I actually did.

Down, your comment reminds me of an old joke.

A lady is speeding down the street in a station wagon, with six children flailing their arms out the windows. She goes through a red light and keeps speeding down the road. The police pull up next to her and yell out, "Lady, don't you know when to stop?" and she says back "But they're not all mine!"

Speaking of witch doctors...

I always thought Clark Gable's turn as one of 'em during one of the climatic scenes in 1938's TOO HOT TO HANDLE was pretty funny.

(...in fact, many of the comic scenes in this adventure/romantic comedy had been created for the film by an uncredited Buster Keaton)

Down, your comment reminds me of an old joke.

A lady is speeding down the street in a station wagon, with six children flailing their arms out the windows. She goes through a red light and keeps speeding down the road. The police pull up next to her and yell out, "Lady, don't you know when to stop?" and she says back "But they're not all mine!"

Or, as the host of "You Bet Your Life" once told the lady contestant who told him she and her husband were the proud parents of 11 children....

"Lady, I like my cigar too....."

(...well, I'm sure you know the rest of that famous line, doncha CG?!)

For all fans of witch doctor movies, here's one not to miss on Tuesday:

28 Tuesday         8:00 AM SAADIA (1953)  

A young doctor in the Sahara clashes with the local witch doctor.

DirAlbert Lewin Cast:  Cornel Wilde , Mel Ferrer , Rita Gam .

C-87 mins,

If you like other Albert Lewin movies like Pandora and the Flying Dutchman, Saadia is worth checking out. You'll see some attractive paintings. The female witch doctor seems to have a definite crush on the young heroine.

In the realm of free association, REAR WINDOW is my #3 all-time movie.

??  DGF, I'm not bad at lateral thinking- and "free association" thinking too, for that matter. But for the life of me I can't figure out the connection you made in your mind between Cave Girl's original post and your comment here.

Just curious...would it ruin the mystery of your freely associating mind to explain it ?

??  DGF, I'm not bad at lateral thinking- and "free association" thinking too, for that matter. But for the life of me I can't figure out the connection you made in your mind between Cave Girl's original post and your comment here.

Just curious...would it ruin the mystery of your freely associating mind to explain it ?

"Cast"?

I was thinking of a famous songwriter named Ross Bagdasarian* and his appearances in the movie "Rear Window" upon seeing the name of this topic since it consists of some of the lyrics of one of his songs ("Witch Doctor").

(*he was also the creator of the characters Alvin, Simon, and Theodore Seville ("The Chipmunks"))

"The Witch Doctor" was by David Seville and the Chipmunks. Seville's real name was Ross Bagdasarian, and he was the piano player in REAR WINDOW.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings