Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tinseltown Secrets

CaveGirl

I find it rather amusing that even after 81 years, people are still debating the Loretta Young and Clark Gable liaison.

I think it proves that when someone tries to hide something under the rug and stonewall about it, they only make it a lot more interesting.

If Loretta had come forth at any time, even if only to her daughter, I doubt anyone would still be talking about this situation.

It's not the nefarious part of the story that really is so worth discussing, it's the cover-up part that has caused it to still spark discussions like the ones that have been proliferating at the TCM board. I truly believe that all the obfuscation and maneuvering by Loretta is what made the story such a cause celebre.

Name other past Hollywood scandals, that are still mysterious due to no real resolution, and ones that are mostly dissipated due to the truth and nothing but the truth being revealed, which made the topic less interesting.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings