Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Taking Things Too Seriously

CaveGirl

I have a friend who takes all movies way too seriously.

She went to see the original "Hairspray" and said that it was hard to believe the good looking guy would want to date Divine's daughter, since she was a bit overweight.

This friend, also thought the heavy metal group Spinal Tap was real and said she thought the song "Stonehenge" made no sense.

Lately she said she missed Cat Stevens since she thought he had died, and that's why you don't see him on tv anymore singing "Moonshadow".

I am also not offended by W.C.Fields insulting every race, since he often said he was not prejudiced but just hated everyone.

Do you think that some scenarios in a film, are not necessarily something to expect normal values on, or are all things fair game to get worked up about?

If I am watching an Ernst Lubitsch film, I really don't feel that I need to be outraged morally by the bedding down of all the participants in the film with each other, as much as I would if they were the ruling persons at the local PTA in my neighborhood.

But then that's me.

What about you?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings