Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Hoff!

CaveGirl

Following a general trend here, I was wondering what is your favorite David Hasselhoff film.

Last nite I was fortunate enough to catch him on Comet tv, in the underrated "Terror at London Bridge" or something like that.

The storyline was, that in 1888, Jack the Ripper assaulted some lady of the night on the bridge and threw her in the Thames attached to a brick, and then when the bridge was dissassembled and brought to the states, that the curse of Jack was still attached.

Hence women started being murdering with throat slashings on the newly constructed bridge, after the original missing brick was returned and that made Jack return too.

The Hoff was great, and it also starred Adrienne Barbeau as a librarian, but she was offed too, but not by the Hoff who was a policeman.

Come to think of it, I also think he would be a great TCM host.

Vote here if you agree or just mention your favorite Hoff performance.

He still looks toothsome, which would be fun to see in one of those red leather sets on TCM!

Starcrash by a mile, but Witchery is worth a look, too.

What a wonderful choice, Lawrence and how could any movie with the Hoff, Marjoe Gortner AND Caroline Munro not be a winner?

Too bad they did not cast David also in the original "Crash" from 1996, from the J.G. Ballard novel. I think Cronenberg missed his bet that time though James Spader was good.

Thanks!

Following a general trend here, I was wondering what is your favorite David Hasselhoff film.

Last nite I was fortunate enough to catch him on Comet tv, in the underrated "Terror at London Bridge" or something like that.

The storyline was, that in 1888, Jack the Ripper assaulted some lady of the night on the bridge and threw her in the Thames attached to a brick, and then when the bridge was dissassembled and brought to the states, that the curse of Jack was still attached.

Hence women started being murdering with throat slashings on the newly constructed bridge, after the original missing brick was returned and that made Jack return too.

The Hoff was great, and it also starred Adrienne Barbeau as a librarian, but she was offed too, but not by the Hoff who was a policeman.

He still looks toothsome, which would be fun to see in one of those red leather sets on TCM!

I kind of hoped that this thread was going to be about Jimmy Hoffa.

I kind of hoped that this thread was going to be about Jimmy Hoffa.

We can go there.

Name all the films you enjoy that have cement mixers in them as plot points.

I'll start, Down. What's that one with Frank Sinatra, uh...."Lady in Cement".

Your turn.

We can go there.

Name all the films you enjoy that have cement mixers in them as plot points.

I'll start, Down. What's that one with Frank Sinatra, uh...."Lady in Cement".

Your turn.

THE CEMENT JUNGLE, starring Sterling Hayden,......... oh wait a minute.......

After checking the IMDb webpage for this movie CG, I noticed you failed to mention that Hoff's costar in it is the lovely Stephanie Kramer...

350px-Hunt101-ppk2.jpg

...who costarred with ex-NFL player Fred Dryer in the 1980's TV police drama "Hunter".

(...and so seein' as how I always thought Stephanie was one sultry babe, I'd REALLY like to see this TVM now, and which has the alternate title of BRIDGE ACROSS TIME)

After checking the IMDb webpage for this movie CG, I noticed you failed to mention that Hoff's costar in it is the lovely Stephanie Kramer...

Nitpick for those googling: It's Stepfanie Kramer; notice the unusual spelling.

(My sister is a Stefanie with an F since we're of German descent, so I pick up on people who spell the name other than "Stephanie". Poor Stef could never find anything in her name in all those novelty shops that sold first-name stuff. Then again, my sister Karla with a K had the same problem.)

(My sister is a Stefanie with an F since we're of German descent, so I pick up on people who spell the name other than "Stephanie". Poor Stef could never find anything in her name in all those novelty shops that sold first-name stuff. Then again, my sister Karla with a K had the same problem.)

Yep, so it is, Fedya. Good catch.  The "pf" spelling is quite unusual, isn't it.

I know many people quite often misspell Stefanie Powers' name as "Stephanie", too.

(...btw...I know how your sister felt...try finding the name "Dwight" in those novelty shops sometime...I never could find my name, either)

350px-Hunt101-ppk2.jpg

...who costarred with ex-NFL player Fred Dryer in the 1980's TV police drama "Hunter".

(...and so seein' as how I always thought Stephanie was one sultry babe, I'd REALLY like to see this TVM now, and which has the alternate title of BRIDGE ACROSS TIME)

Oh, it is right down your alley, Dargo but Stephanie does not have as alluring outfits in this film, as she had with Fred Dreyer.

I always thought she could have been Suzanne Pleshette's sister. Whadda ya think, since you are the connoisseur of all female pulchritude?

• Like 1

Fedya, all that spelling does is remind me of Tuesday Weld's character in the film "Pretty Poison".

Remember...Sue Ann Stepanek?

350px-Hunt101-ppk2.jpg

I've never been able to accept sweet Stephanie as a "sultry babe." I want her to stay just as she was in The Interns and Experiment in Terror.

BTW, Dargo, I never found that scene in The Interns, remember that discussion, it's just not there. I searched the sequel The New Interns but no luck. Although this later film was made a mere two years later, Stephanie was already evolving into that more grown up, sophisticate, and glamour look.

But I couldn't make up that scene in my mind. A quandary.

=

• Like 1

I've never been able to accept sweet Stephanie as a "sultry babe." I want her to stay just as she was in The Interns and Experiment in Terror.

BTW, Dargo, I never found that scene in The Interns, remember that discussion, it's just not there. I searched the sequel The New Interns but no luck. Although this later film was made a mere two years later, Stephanie was already evolving into that more grown up, sophisticate, and glamour look.

But I couldn't make up that scene in my mind. A quandary.

=

I saw her interviewed once. She said she hated the show "Hunter" because they fried her hair on it and she almost went bald.

I wonder if Dargo would still like her sans hair?

I saw her interviewed once. She said she hated the show "Hunter" because they fried her hair on it and she almost went bald.

Depends on what that might do to her "sultry..." -ness. He might smell a fault.

You're mixing up Stepfanie Kramer and Stefanie Powers. (Or am I missing a joke here?)

As for Powers, I like Die! Die! My Darling!.

Depends on what that might do to her "sultry..." -ness. He might smell a fault.

i dunno, but I have a feeling Stepfanie Kramer sans hair might still be pretty darn sultry.

Yep, maybe just as actress Persis Khambatta here retained a good amount of her sultriness when she played the starship Enterprise's navigator Ilia in 1979's STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE...

persis-khambatta.jpg

• Like 1

You're mixing up Stepfanie Kramer and Stefanie Powers. (Or am I missing a joke here?)

As for Powers, I like Die! Die! My Darling!.

No joke. I messed up. I have a tendency not to recognize Powers when she all sultry and grown up and everything. I can take her for someone else. Case in point, perusing The New Interns (1964) I kept waiting for Stephanie Powers to show up and all the time she was playing someone's wife and more sophisticated than in The Interns (1962) and I didn't recognize her. Dargo mentioned her by name in his post and I didn't even get that.

:blink:

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings