Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie - WW2 plane crash and crew were ghosts

LADY BRACKNELL. This noise is extremely unpleasant. It sounds as if he was having an argument. I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing.

CHASUBLE. [Looking up.] It has stopped now. [The noise is redoubled.]

LADY BRACKNELL. I wish he would arrive at some conclusion.

GWENDOLEN. This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.

--The Importance of Being Earnest, Act 3.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've just joined so that I can add to this, found the thread in a Goggle search and thought "Great, someone knows what it was called!!" only to find it's not so.   I have occasionally searched for it online and watched several bits of "Sole Survivor"; it's definitely not the William Shatner version, though I do remember it as "Sole Survivor"  because the ending was so poignant to the title.  The plot scenario outlined of neither the viewer nor the characters knowing that they're dead is correct. I recall that the tail gunner survived for a while but was the only undiscovered body at the end. having found the "LadyBeGood" story on here I watched a documentary on that and yes, the story is clearly there. It is definitely not:- mass hallucination, a ship or William Shatner but I would love to find it again.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Honestly, how many movies can there be about WWII-era bombardiers turned baseball-playing ghosts?

6 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

One

Two actually, Rich.

(...guess you've forgotten the other one titled "Take Me Out To The Crash Site")

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Two actually, Rich.

(...guess you've forgotten the other one titled "Take Me Out To The Crash Site")

Well, three if you count Angels in the Airfield. Your move.

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Well, three if you count Angels in the Airfield. Your move.

LOL

Okay then, how about: "A Guy Named Joe...DiMaggio"  ???

(...your move now) 

• Haha 2

I think I've figured out the title now. It is The Story of G. I. "Shoeless"  Joe Jackson. After all, wasn't he also a ghost in Field of Dreams?