Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gary Cooper 1940 Northwest Mounted Police

Guest Richey, Randy

Guest Richey, Randy

I LOVE Turner Clasic Movies!!! (do consider Ted Turner a political NUTCASE) In the scene where Gary Cooper rescues the Mounties from the gattling gun......... How did they film that scene where the horse and the gattling gun go tumbling down the steep hill into the river??? Was that a real horse??? I'm not an animal rights nut looking to protest after 62 years, but have always been curious if the horse or stunt rider were injured as it looked VERY real. Would like any info on this fine movie.

Guest mongo

Randy I doubt if much precaution was taken years ago to protect animals from harm in films. In most scenes they did use real animals and you could be sure that many were mamed, hurt and sometimes destroyed. I've seen it happen especially in old western movies where herds of horses and cattle are trampled for the sake of realism. Thank goodness that animals in films are protected today with the keen eye of animal leagues around the world.

Guest Richey, Randy

True, most domestic animals have a rather cushy life today ... but think of the millions of wildlife animals being destroyed in western fires right now as a result of the enviro nazis and policy set into motion by the ignorant and criminal clinton administration (just a thought, and like your response, doesn't really have a thing to do with Northwest Mounted Police 1940 :-)