Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mrsl

How many times have you watched?

List your five favorite films and how many times you've watched them. My list includes watching the tape when nothing else is on to my liking.

The Women - So countless, I couldn't even guess.

The Enemy Below - At least 40 times

Steel Magnolias - About 50 times

The Hunt for Red October - Maybe 25 so far.

People Will Talk - At least 30 times, possibly more.

Two others I can't ignore:

Home From the Hill - Countless

Not as a Stranger - Ditto

Anyone else?

1. - "The Magnificent Seven" 175 times...... 2. - "The Great Escape" - 80..... 3. - "The Dirty Dozen" - 65...... 4. - "The Blackboard Jungle" - 57......& 5. - "The Godfather Epic" ( 6 1/2 Hours) 40 times!.................."Honorable mention"................"Treasure of Sierra Madre" - 30......."The Manchurian Candidate" - 30......."Eight Men Out" - 25......."Five Easy Pieces" - 25......."12 Angry Men" ( 1957 ) - 25......"The African Queen" - 25......It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World" - 25......"White Heat" & "Public Enemy" - 25........"King Kong" ( 1933) - 25........& "The Professionals" - 25

Aftermath

The Quiet Man - probably about 75 times

Excalibur - same

Gunga Din - 50 or 60 times

Kiss Me Kate - Same

The Bishop's Wife - same

Doctor Zhivago - I've seen this movie tons of time - at least twice a year for the past 20 years, and a few times here and there before that. So in round numbers, I estimate it at about 45-50 times.

Casablanca - I've seen this film about 30-35 times.

The English Patient - only came out in 1996, but in the 10 years since it's come out, I've seen this one at least 25 or 30 times.

Out of Africa - probably about 20-25 times.

Dances With Wolves - probably about 20 times.

The Breakfast Club - probably about 20 times.

The Bridges of Madison County - probably about 15 times.

The Nun's Story - probably about 15 times.

The Hunt for Red October - probably about 15 times.

The African Queen - probably about 12 times.

To Have and Have Not - probably about 12 times.

Girl, Interrupted - probably about 12 times.

The Maltese Falcon - probably about 10 times.

Notting Hill - probably about 10 times.

My lastest film to obsess over is Ball of Fire. I saw it for the first time only a few months ago, and have seen it 4 times since. I LOVE that movie!

I bet this one will catch y'all off guard: KING KONG VS. GODZILLA (the butchered American cut). I watched it for the first time when I was 4, and I've watched it about 30 times since! I just can't seem to grow out of that movie! My sister even watched it with me growing up. I've seen it so many times that I could watch it muted and know the exact dialogue.

Your right it caught me off guard. The thing I remember about that movie was it was a hot July day in 1963 and my friends and I to beat the heat went to the RKO Madison in Ridgewood Queens New York for air-conditioning and saw that movie three times with a God awful co-feature called "Reptilicus". What a way to beat the heat on a hot July day!

Aftermath

>

> Out of Africa - probably about 20-25 times.

>

You have more stamina than I do. I always thought it "felt" like the longest move ever made. If it weren't for John Barry's score....

I tend to rewatch westerns as a group. "Shane", "Gunfight at The O.K. Corral," "Silverado," "Tombstone," "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon"..... but the most watched film I have is "The Quiet Man." 20 or 25 times at least for that. The Marx Bros.' Paramount films also many times.

I'm having fun rediscovering films I haven't seen in 20 years or so. In some cases it's like I never saw them.

Ah yes, REPTILICUS! One of the few monster flicks to come out of Denmark. It's definitely not on the same par as the Toho movies. I envy you getting to see the great creature clash on the Big Screen though.

Twelve Angry Men about 12-15 times

Casablanca 10-12 times

My Favorite Brunette about 10 times in one months time

The Great Escape about 10

G Men and Angels with Dirty Faces about ten times as well

My favorite movies are "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "The Wizard Of Oz." I've seen them over 50 times...and counting. I still get "goose bumps" with every viewing.

I've seen The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring over 20 times. The second I've seen nearly 25 times. The third only 6 times... too sad.

My favorites are: The Third Man, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Frankenstein, Double Indemnity, The Lost Weekend, Sunset Boulevard, This Gun For Hire, and Sweet Smell of Success. I've seen each of those at least 40 to 50 times.

The Third Man is the one I've seen the most--close to 60 or 70 times.

[The Poseidon Adventure~~140 times, The Wizard of Oz~~100 times, The Last Voyage~~14 times, Raise The Titanic~~8 times/i]

I started out watching The Wizard of Oz every year, got caught up on the ocean liner disasters with TPA. Mrs. L.

1. Singin' in the Rain (1952)

2. The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

3. The Thin Man (1934)

4. Aliens (1986)

5. Lilo & Stitch (2002)

All more times than I can count. I mean I used to watch The Empire Strikes Back everyday when I was in high school. And when I worked at Hollywood Video I used to play Lilo & Stitch every morning, when we opened. :P

I don't even know how to count the number of times I've watched some films, but here's 5 that I know I've watched at least 25 times, some quite a bit more.

1. The Godfather I & II

2. The God, the Bad and the Ugly

3. Seven Samurai

4. Heathers

5. The Passion of Joan of Arc

>

> Out of Africa - probably about 20-25 times.

>

You have more stamina than I do. I always thought it "felt" like the longest move ever made. If it weren't for John Barry's score....

No...the longest movie ever made, IMO, is Lawrence of Arabia. I think whole generations have passed during a single screening of that film. *lol*

It's funny that you picked Out of Africa though. When I've posted this list in the past or at other places, people rarely comment about that one. But you should read the comments I get about The English Patient, and to a certain extent, Doctor Zhivago! *lol*

Do you watch the theatrical versions, or do you watch the extended versions? I have the extended versions, and my wife and I watched them after seeing the last of the trilogy in the theateres. I also got the theatrical (short) version of the third movie, because I like the editing better.

1. The Wizard of Oz - 50 - 100

2. The Gay Divorce - 50-100

3. Alice in Wonderland - with Whoopie and Martin - 20 or so (Thank to the nieces)

4. My Man Godfrey - 30 or so

5. The 39 Steps - 20 or so ...can't stop at 5

6. Meet Me in St. Louis - 20 or so

7. My Fair Lady - 20 or so

All the Disney animated - over and over and over