Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Michael Cimino, a great director, has died

Swithin

Michael Cimino, the director of The Deer Hunter, Heaven's Gate, and the great between-the-lines gay love story Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, has died age 77. I've just read this in the Guardian, not realizing that it was in the "Death Takes No Holiday" thread here. I believe these great artists should have their own threads to honor their passing, and not be relegated to a thread that one doesn't always look into. Michael Cimino RIP.

the_deer_hunter_2_christopher_walken.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/03/michael-cimino-deer-hunter-heavens-gate-american-film

• Like 2

I posted this yesterday in the Death Takes No Holiday thread. I'm glad to see more recognition of his work, though.

Thanks -- I rarely look in that thread. Since there is an issue of timeliness here, I think it's best to give each great artist his/her due in their own thread, clearly titled.

I knew about this a couple of days now, except how he went? He looked literally awful though in some of the last shots they took

Did anyone mention the awful (*) 1987 "The Sicilian?"

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings