Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
yanknrebel

WANTED: these movies

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have quite a few movies that I am hoping to buy for my own personal collection. I love black and white movies as does my mother, aunt and cousins. There are apparently alot of movies that I have missed somehow through the years, that are reported to be very good, but of course can't be found now. If anyone has either these titles for sale (don't care about the quaility as long as it is watchable) , or know where I might be able to find them, please let me know.

Talk of the Town (Cary Grant)

It's a wonderful world (Colbert, MacMurray

The Smiling Ghost (1941)

Spirit is Willing (Sid Ceasar ) 1967

Nothing but the truth (Bob Hope, Paullette Goddard)

Murder He says (MacMurray , Marjorie Main

No time for love (Colbert, MacMurray)

It happened one night (Colbert, Gable)

WHispering Ghosts (1942) Milton Berle, Willie Best

Merrily We live (1938) C. Bennett, Billie Burke

Christmas in July (Dick Powell)

The Bride Comes Home (Colbert, MacMurray)

Remember the night - Barbara Stanwyck, MacMurray

Hands across the table ( Lombarde, MacMurray)

Night Nurse( Stanwyck, Gable)

Having a Wonderful time- (Ginger ROgers, D. Fairbanks Jr)

The Major and the Minor (Ginger ROgers

Arsenic and Old Lace (Have seen this but love it) Cary Grant

You'll find out - Kay Kyser

Cry Wolf_ Barbara Stanwyxk, Errol Flynn

One foot in Heaven- Frederic March, Martha Scott

Mary

Message was edited by:

yanknrebel

I would prefer DVD format, but will consider vhs.

Please let me know if anyone has these and what prices you are lookig for them. These are for my personal library, so no matter the condition of box , just need to make sure it is watchable. ANd the sound is decent to good.

Mary

Does anyone know if the Jack Carter movie "The Good Humor Man", as well as "The Fuller Brush Man" and "The Fuller Brush Girl" films are available or if they're part of TCM's film library?

Please tell me which two titels you have on dvd that you are willing to trade for? Not sure I have anything you are interested in, but let me know. I have found a few of the titles already: It Happened one night, Spirit is willing, sitting pretty, the cat and the canary, and Remember the night..

Still looking for: The Smiling Ghost, One Foot in heaven, The Mad Miss Manton, Merrily we live, The whispering ghosts, It's a wonderful world, Murder he says (dvd) .

Mary

I posted an error regarding my inquire regarding "The Good Humor Man"--it did not star Jack Carter, but comedian/actor Jack Carson. I would really appreciate any info regarding the availability of this title.

hello..I too love these old time movies B/W of the 1930's & 1940's. I have found a couple of websites where you can find both vhs and dvd's to buy, of your list of the movies your wanting. The websites are, moviesunlimited.com and raredvds.tv.com . I hope these websites will be of help to you..good luck! kdo

Well I have been very fortunate in finding the in search of movies I had listed. I have found these so far.

It's a wonderful world (Colbert, MacMurray

The Smiling Ghost (1941)

Spirit is Willing (Sid Ceasar ) 1967

Murder He says (MacMurray , Marjorie Main

It happened one night (Colbert, Gable)

Merrily We live (1938) C. Bennett, Billie Burke

The Mad Miss Manton

Remember the night - Barbara Stanwyck, MacMurray

One foot in Heaven- Frederic March, Martha Scott

Still looking for these:

Nothing but the truth Bob Hope, Paulette Goddard

Christmas in July

The Bride Comes Home

Mary

THE GOOD HUMOR MAN was made available through Goodtimes Home Video in the early 90's. Copies are out there. I got rid of my copy but made a DVD-R of it. It's a pretty zany slapstick comedy that looks like it was most likely written with Red Skelton in mind. Jack Carson handles the slapstick very well.

Christmas in July is at last available on DVD as part of the Preston Sturges: Filmmaker's Collection box set from Universal Home Video. Fairly respectable transfer from elements that aren't so bad for wear and tear. No extras though - not even a page for chapter stops. Oh well, at least it's out there.