Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AGD

movies i like to see on turner classic movies

mrsl, from the wording of your post, some people might think that FMC is the only thing they would get for $15 extra a month, especially when you mention you would rather get a pay channel which carries about 5 or 6 channels. Actually, for the $15 extra, upgrading to America 180 you get 60 extra channels, including the 6 Encore movie channels, Lifetime Movie Network, FMC, The Movie Channel (West) and TMC Xtra West.

>

> Anne,

>

> You are right, those films and many others can be

> seen on pay channels such as HBO and Showtime.

>

> But, the problem is, they won't be presented in their

> original aspect ratio on those channels.

>

> TCM, like HBO and Showtime, shows them uncut and

> commercial free.

>

> But TCM is the only one that shows them in their

> original aspect ratio which means you get to see the

> films the way the filmmakers intended.

>

> Also, TCM shows many films, both pre-1960 and

> post-1960, that are available on DVD and that may be

> why so many people enjoy watching the channel.

TCM does not show all movies in their original aspect ratio, they are at the mercy of the distributors and show whatever they receive. For example today's showing of the Quiller Memorandum was shown in pan and scan.

> To ken123.... judging by your taste in television,

> you are perfect for me....would you marry me? ;0)

Thanks for the kind words. I would love too !

TCM does not show all movies in their original aspect ratio, they are at the mercy of the distributors and show whatever they receive. For example today's showing of the Quiller Memorandum was shown in pan and scan.>>

Sweetbaby,

At least TCM makes the effort to get the film in the correct aspect ratio and broadcast it that way if it is available.

The other pay channels don't go to the lengths that TCM does to show a film in its correct aspect ratio.

I'd like to see a 1974 UA film called BUSTING with Elliott Gould and Robert Blake directed by Peter Hyams. It was mentioned in a review when the film STARSKY * HUTCH came out. It isn't out on DVD, though it came out on VHS.

I'd also like to see a film called WESTBOUND, which is the only Budd Boetticher/Randolph Scott Western I haven't seen. It is a Warner Brothers film so TCM has access to it.

I would like to see Mothra(1962) air again. I have seen it scheduled only once, some years ago.

I would also like to see TCM air Crack In The World(1965).

Message was edited by:

packmule

I would like to Crime in the streets which stars Sal Mineo and John Cassavetes. I remember that movie as a kid...Love those teenage rebel movies..Should be more of them..Also Dino, which also stars Sal Mineo, Brian Keith..Good movie...

I just requested 3 movies in the "suggestion" section ...and I Really hope they air them!!

The Shuttered Room (1967)

(also called Blood Island)

Starring Gig Young, Carol Lynley, Oliver Reed ...

A couple inherits an old house that harbors a dark and terrifying secret...Very Creepy!

A New Leaf (1971)

Starring Walter Matthau and Elaine May ...

Matthau as a scheming playboy...now pennyless... marries May... an awkward, clueless rich botanist...with the intent to murder her... and as her husband... inherit her money...Very Funny Movie!

My Six Loves (1963 or 1964)

Starring Debbie Reynolds, Clift Robertson, David Janssen, Eileen Heckart, Hans Conried, John McGiver, Alice Ghostley and Alice Pearce ...

An exhausted Broadway star (Reynolds) goes to her country home to find two inept housekeepers and six little orphans...Very Cute!

It's been such a long time since I have seen these movies... and I would SO enjoy seeing them again...that I really DO hope they show 'em...(and if they do...I hope I don't miss 'em).

The film i would like to see on TCM is

MIDNIGHT LACE

because i heard that it is a marvelous thriller and also because it stars Doris Day and she is my favorite actress* * *

I'd like to see "The Pajama Game." For some reason, it's never shown on tv. It's one of Doris Day's best ... a wonderful musical with most of the original broadway cast.

I'd like to see "Angels With Dirty Faces" (James Cagney, Pat O'Brien, the Dead End Kids, Ann Sheridan)

and "The Women" with Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford, Rosalind Russell....a whole bunch of faces....

Love Streams (1984)

A Time to Love, A Time to Die (1958)

Nobody Lives Forever (1946)

Day of the Outlaw (1959)

It would be nice to see "Love Has Many Faces", "Midnight", "Fedora" and "Swanee River". Also any films with Conrad Veidt, Jose Ferrer, Cesar Romero, and John Gilbert. Mary Pickford's "Daddy Long Legs" is also a great one.

A lot of Cesar Romero movies are from Fox, so they're more likely to turn up on FMC. As a matter of fact, they just had a day celebrating CR last Saturday and showed 7 or 8 of his movies during the morning/afternoon.

Yeah, last Saturday gave me the opportunity to see two films for the first time. "Clive Of India" and "Love That Brute". I was just thinking that it would be nice to see Cesar's earlier films on here like "The Devil Is A Woman" and "The Good Fairy" which seems to have an interesting cast.

My Mom and I were talking the other day and we both were saying that we would like to see "Laura" with Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews. I haven't seen that one in a very long time.

TCM probably couldn't get the rights to Laura, which is a Fox film. Most of Gene Tierney's films show on Fox Movie Channel 'cause that's where she made a lot of them. One exception is The Mating Season, which was a Paramount movie IIRC.

Well, yeah, Fox has the rights so they can run it on their own channel or license it to other channels.

There's a really good DVD of Laura with nice bonus features, anyone interested in the movie should try renting it! ;)

I will have to go to Barnes and Noble and buy "Laura" because our cable system doesn't have the Fox movie channel.