Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nyz

need help with movie

Several years ago I saw a movie that was really scary but cant remember the name of it. Here's what I do remember, It was basically a movie about a woman who was british, and she was some kind of snake woman who would lure young men into her home and bite them then they would die. Also it had some kind of cave that had been dug out by these humongous type of venomous snakes I think it was called the Lair of the white Worm. Could this be it I would love to see this movie again.

That should be the right one -- Ken Russell's Lair of the White Worm (1988). Especially if you also remember it having some nudity and a bit of kinky sex content. (Maybe the first time the US ratings board gave an R to a movie which shows a nude woman wearing a large strap-on sexual device with intentions of using it!)

It's on DVD and also rents through Netflix, though it may not be at your neighborhood franchise video rental outlet.

It's funny when you think about it starring Hugh Grant. Well, may be not that funny.

It's either that or that other British film, "The Reptile," which has some similiarities to "Lair of the White Worm." Though I don't remember any cave sequences in "The Reptile"

Unlike the more recent "The Descent," in which the cave sequences were mostly shot on a soundstage, the cave sequences in "Lair of the White Worm" were actually shot in a real cave, Thor Cave. Which can be found in the northern part of the Peak District in northern England.

The cave is free and open to the public year round. It just requires a bit of a walk from the car park in the nearest village to the cave itself. Having been there a couple of times myself, the view from the cave entrance is magnificent. No wonder they have found proof that the cave was inhabited by early man.