Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Noel Neill, the first screen Lois Lane, has died

I "liked" the original post. I always feel kind of creepy liking death notices here, but I realize the intent.

Man.. Noel Neill.. I thought she was the best Lois Lane; at least the most attractive to my eye - quite a beauty. Phyllis Coates' appearance and abilities were, I thought, more suited to 50s style sci-fi moves.

R.I.P. Ms. Neill

p.s.  Amy Adams' Lois Lane in Man of Steel (2013) is very attractive. I really do not like this movie, but her performance and attractive appearance make it tolerable.

I know what Dabb means.

DECADES about a week or so ago had a SUPERMAN "binge", and there was an episode in which Lois and Jimmy were abducted by some Egyptian or whatever goons who thought Lois was the return of some ancient queen or something.  She was coerced into wearing some Egyptian type "harem" costume and I noticed, "damn!  That woman was BUILT!"

I grew up watching the old SUPERMAN series, so that cast had long been considered like family to me, and I found myself thinking how miserably,( although she actually did a fine job,) MARGOT KIDDER did at trying to fill Ms. Neil's shoes in the role of Lois. 

While watching those old shows during the "binge", I did wonder whatever became of Ms. Neil, and now I sadly know.

95?  A very good run.  I hope her life after SUPERMAN was as fullfilling as her role in the series surely must have been.

Sepiatone

DECADES about a week or so ago had a SUPERMAN "binge", and there was an episode in which Lois and Jimmy were abducted by some Egyptian or whatever goons who thought Lois was the return of some ancient queen or something.  She was coerced into wearing some Egyptian type "harem" costume and I noticed, "damn!  That woman was BUILT!"

Yeah, I noticed that too ... somehow, that fact escaped me when I was a kid.

Phyllis Coates had a pretty good figure as well, but she never had a chance to show it because of those suits she always wore.

I too grew up with Lois, Jimmy, Clark and "The Chief".  I absolutely loved her hats, handbags and gloves, even when she is being held prisoner or some such thing.  What I truly, absolutely covet to this very day is that Nash Rambler convertible.  I mean the top went down but the window frames stayed up and top furled down like a roll top desk.  I believe there are still a few out there but not at the 1951 price of approximately $1933. 

Sad, sad, sad; my 1950 era personalities are coming to an end.  I don't even bother looking at popular magazines like PEOPLE anymore and I don't know anyone they are talking about.  Thanks for memories TCM, GET-TV, and ME-TV or I'd be lost and alone. 

I too grew up with Lois, Jimmy, Clark and "The Chief".  I absolutely loved her hats, handbags and gloves, even when she is being held prisoner or some such thing.  What I truly, absolutely covet to this very day is that Nash Rambler convertible.  I mean the top went down but the window frames stayed up and top furled down like a roll top desk.  I believe there are still a few out there but not at the 1951 price of approximately $1933. 

Sad, sad, sad; my 1950 era personalities are coming to an end.  I don't even bother looking at popular magazines like PEOPLE anymore and I don't know anyone they are talking about.  Thanks for memories TCM, GET-TV, and ME-TV or I'd be lost and alone. 

Wg5joE4.jpg

• Like 1

Noel Neill (1920-2016) has died aged 95. She first appeared as Lois Lane in the 1948 film Superman and later in 78 episodes of the television series. She appeared in many other films as well.

9336622_G.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/04/the-first-screen-lois-lane-noel-neill-dies-aged-95/

Gosh, it's like losing an old friend.

Never mind that it is quite possible that I haven't given her a single thought in all these years.

A theme running through some of the posts here is "grew up with her" and "like family" etc.

There's something about her that does that.

Great picture for the OP, Swithin.

RiP

(Bye, Lois)

• Like 1

Noel Neill (1920-2016) has died aged 95. She first appeared as Lois Lane in the 1948 film Superman and later in 78 episodes of the television series. She appeared in many other films as well.

9336622_G.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/04/the-first-screen-lois-lane-noel-neill-dies-aged-95/

Thanks, Swithin!

I think Noel was the best as Lois at that time, because she really looked a lot more like the comic book version than Phyllis Coates ever did. The black hair, the short bob, the facial features...all brought Lois to life.