Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Hills Have Eyes Unrated

This sort movie is usually not my cup of tea. However, every time i've seen it, it has more then held my attention. I've really enjoyed it. Its fun, its scary and it has a really good screenplay. It does fall in to the same type of modern slasher flick as House of a 1,000 Corpses, and Chainsaw Massacre but, I think it was much better. The acting is more convincing and it felt like they took more time creating a realistic setting for this families demise. Granted, I am from New Mexico, The Land Of Entrapment, The Land Of Weird and for that reason I guess there was a personal connection with this film for me. I am talking about the unrated version. Its full of shock value and disturbing imagery which normally doesn't make a great film. It makes a blockbuster. In this case it works rather well. If you haven't seen the Unrated DVD and are looking for a no think, good time movie. This is a good one.

Anyone else like or dislike it?

I love The Hills Have Eyes, too! I saw it originally in a theater in Chicago on a Saturday afternoon when it first came out, so I think that was the unedited version and I really liked it. I think it is one of the better '70s slasher-type films. It was on TV on the Independent Film Channel about a year ago and it still held up for me. Highly recommended for those who like their horror scary, not funny, and so much better than most of the so-called horror flicks coming out today.

Yes, Frank, I remember Karloff in ISLE OF THE DEAD, I like Karloff in all his RKO movies and if I remember correctly, Karloff was a Greek general or something similar in ISLE and he was very creepy. Karloff was a terrific actor. I haven't seen ISLE in several years but I did tape it on VCR when TCM ran it.

I saw the original hills have eyes at a midnight movie in the 80's. I liked it for it's originality, it tried to be a survival/horror movie. The filmakers claim that it was a true story bothered me since the incident happened during the civil war, however I did like it for a b- movie, like the previous poster said, it tried to be different than the standard slasher 70's flix.

• 3 months later...

SouthParkFan8000

This information is for you and for any one else in the mood to see another horror movie entitled "The Hills Have Eyes."

Well I do have some great news to tip you off with today. It appears there will very soon be a new release of this movie entitled "The Hills Have Eyes." Many of you horror fans might already know there was a 2006 TV showing of this movie. Which was done quite well as far as horror movies go. Yes, it too had a far out, but still a bit believable story line. The extreme make up on these mutants was really done well, by the way! This latest number 2 movie, "The Hills Have Eyes II " is promising to be a continued story from where the last version left off. It should be arriving at your local movie theaters early in February 2007. So very soon now! Die hard fans should start checking for this one now. I know all other versions had lots of blood and violence, but some great make up artists I must add too!

~Angel~