Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Links to 158 Classic Movie Star Pages....So Who Is Missing?

Good job--but missing a few actors and directors:

Actors/Actresses:

Charles Boyer

Boris Karloff

George Sanders

Gene Tierney

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directors:

Anthony Mann

Vincente Minnelli

Otto Preminger

Most stars.from 20th Century Fox are missing, other than the most iconic.

These stars include:

Don Ameche

Dana Andrews

Anne Baxter

Jeanne Crain

Linda Darnell

Alice Faye

Janet Gaynor

Jayne Mansfield

John Payne

Lee.Remick

Thelma Ritter

Gene Tierney

Clifton Webb

Joanne Woodward

Loretta Young

Same for.some.classic.Paramount stars:

Bing.Crosby

Paulette Goddard

Betty Hutton

Veronica Lake

Dorothy Lamour

Ray Milland

Lizabeth Scott

Why are stars from these studios always getting short shrift?

• Like 1

Hey Film Lover 293....thanks for checking out my links...that is 5 years of pages in those links. Of the 7 you mentioned...I already had 4 on the waiting list of pages to do.  I recently discovered some box office reports for 1934 to 1950....that will help get some of those suggestions done.

Hey Arturo....Paramount is by far the worst studio to research...though I do have their biggest star, Bing Crosby done....somehow I forgot to include his link..but he is back on the list.  Many of the stars you listed are on our Request List.....a Gene Tierney page is coming soon.  I will use your list as suggestions for new pages in the future.  Thanks for taking the time to sort through all of those links.

• Like 1

Three more names, two from MGM, one from 20th Century Fox:

June Allyson--she may be the boards' least favorite actress, but she was box-office gold for 15 years or so.

Esther Williams--Was a unique star, and with few exceptions (1947's "Fiesta", 1955's "Jupiter's Darling"), her films made money for MGM.

Sonia (sp?) Henie--was to 20th and ice-skating as Williams was to swimming.  Henie's filmography is short though (less than fifteen films).

Edit--Thank you for the Gene Tierney page.

Another--Marion Davies--that may be too far back for record keeping ( her debut was in 1917's "Runaway Romany").

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings