Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wish that I knew about the Cinecolor restorations

clore

Both Canadian Pacific and Cariboo Trail have aired today and both are restored prints making the Cinecolor Process look about as good as we're ever likely to see it. I didn't set any timers as I've recorded them off TCM already.

Oh well, there's always next time. Neither is among Randolph Scott's best, but I'd like to have them looking this good in my collection.

• Like 2

Thanks for the notice and follow-up.  I was late to begin watching Ride Lonesome, and it looked like that was a sparkling better-than-dvd version as well (not sure if they have shown this quality before).

If only TCM could somehow present such information in the program listings...

• Like 2

Thanks for the notice and follow-up.  I was late to begin watching Ride Lonesome, and it looked like that was a sparkling better-than-dvd version as well (not sure if they have shown this quality before).

If only TCM could somehow present such information in the program listings...

Maybe we have to join the TCM Backlot to get such info? ;)

I feel less disappointed now that I know about the BR releases. Even if I had put them on a DVD today, I'd be getting the BRs anyway. To paraphrase "I'd do it for Randolph Scott."

I did watch RIDE LONESOME even though I have the Boetticher set. It did look especially good, but I'm biased here as this is my personal favorite of his films. It was also the first one that I saw many years ago, so there's a nostalgic touch there.

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings