Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Penalty

Did anyone else watch The Penalty two weeks ago? I loved it!!! It really met my expectations and I've been wanting to see it for a long time. Lon Chaney is a genius as usual. I'd really like to see the surviving pieces of the film where Lon is a train conductor and Oliver Twist. Does anyone know if either of them have been run on TCM?

~~Mike~~

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, I can't believe that I forgot to come back here and mention that I finally watched this, oh, about two weeks ago! This was an awesome movie! This is Lon Chaney at his absolute best! I have never seen him in a better role! The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the ending; it almost seemed that it was hurriedly thrown together! Aside from that, this is definitely a 4-STAR movie!!!!!!!!!

Larry

http://lwsroute66.proboards57.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi XBergmanX,

Oliver Twist is (or was) available on DVD with another Lon Chaney bonus - The Light of Faith, through Image Entertainment. If it is not still available through them it can be found on eBay easily. You will want the Image Entertainment edition of this film because other versions are pirated from that and do not have as good visual quality or the specially commissioned score by John Muri, one of the truly great silent film organists in the world. The Image edition is from the Blackhawk Films / David Shephard collection and is the best edition available. It is delightful.

Roy