Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Attention: Star Searchers

CaveGirl

For those who are fans of classic films and of the stars who graced such movies, may I suggest that you start checking the daily schedule for the Antenna channel, and the showing of the "Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson.

At first I was not into watching these old shows, but lately I have started to realize that they are an incredible repository of interviews with stars from the past. For example, last night I happened to catch the beginning monologue and was just about to change channels when Johnny gave the guest list and it included Don Ameche. Now never having seen Don Ameche interviewed, I was hooked and am so glad I watched as he proved to be a lovely and genteel gentleman of the first class and all one could hope for. Now I know Johnny never interviewed Greta Garbo but other than her and Chaplin, so many stars passed through that studio that it is fun to see such people.

Now I would be remiss if I did not say that what prompted this post was my looking at the current schedule and seeing that Raymond Burr will be a guest on the show supposedly this coming Saturday as the site shows below. Check it for listings for your particular area. All I can say is that after seeing an immortal interview online between Raymond Burr and David Letterman in which David seemed scared to death of Burr, I think seeing Ray on any interview would be worth one's time.

Enjoy!:

The Tonight Show-ANTENNA

(First Aired: Feb. 3, 1976)
Actor Raymond Burr; comedian Robert Klein; Tom Burnam; Maude Tull.
  • Sat 7/9
  • 10:00pm-11:30pm
  • ANTENNA
  • Sun 7/10
  • 1:30am-3:00am
  • ANTENNA

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings