Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Very Strange Movies

Vautrin, your list reminded me of Andy's foray into horror films with the Frankenstein and Dracula epics.

Saw both, but forget which one was in 3-D!

Seeing body parts skewered on a sword and coming toward one in the audience with blood dripping down, as a real visceral experience.

I saw a bit of one of those a number of years ago. Not anywhere

near as interesting and absurdly funny as the monosyllable trilogy.

I really should try to find these movies somewhere, as I haven't seen

them in a long while.

I saw a bit of one of those a number of years ago. Not anywhere

near as interesting and absurdly funny as the monosyllable trilogy.

I really should try to find these movies somewhere, as I haven't seen

them in a long while.

You really need to see the one in 3-D, as it is just not the same otherwise.

• 11 months later...

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?  (1964) Jerry falls in love with a stripper he meets at a carnival. Little does he know that she is the sister of a gypsy fortune teller who turns him into a zombie and he goes on a killing spree.

Pink Flamingos (1972) Notorious Baltimore criminal and underground figure Divine goes up against a sleazy married couple who make a passionate attempt to humiliate her and seize her tabloid-given title as "The Filthiest Person Alive".

Bad (1977) Hazel runs a beauty salon out of her house, but makes extra money by providing ruthless women to do hit jobs.

Blood For Dracula (1974) A vampire is on the loose in NYC but is in serious danger because he can't find any "wergin" blood as he calls it.

Eating Raoul (1982) A relatively boring Los Angeles couple discovers a bizarre, if not murderous, way to get funding for opening a restaurant.

Santa Sangre (1989) A former circus artist escapes from a mental hospital to rejoin his armless mother - the leader of a strange religious cult -, and is forced to enact brutal murders in her name as he becomes "her arms".

Boxing Helena (1993) A surgeon becomes obsessed with the seductive woman he once was in an affair with. Refusing to accept that she has moved on, he amputates her limbs and holds her captive in his mansion.

Color of a Brisk and Leaping Day (1996) The grandson of a Chinese railroad laborer embarks on a romantic, but ultimately doomed, quest to save the Yosemite Valley Railroad from being sold for scrap.

• Like 1

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?  (1964)

This was shown last night on a Mystery Science Theater 3000 rerun. More fun to watch with "friends" than alone.

I've had ERASERHEAD 1977 in my library for over a decade and can't seem to get into it. I've been told it's one of those movies best seen in a theater. That seems like the strangest film I've ever seen.

• Like 2

More

Mondo cane (1962) A "shockumentary" consisting of a collection of mostly real archive footage displaying mankind at its most depraved and perverse, displaying bizarre rites, cruel behavior and **** violence.

Rat Pfink a Boo Boo (1966) Picking a name at random out of the phone book, three thugs decide to terrorize a woman. She is kidnapped by the goons. They decide to ransom her. After receiving the ransom call, Vin Saxon and the good-natured, but not- to-bright gardener sit around despondent, wondering what to do. "There's only one thing to do!" exclaims Vin. The two rush off into the next room and become the costumed heroes Rat Pfink and Boo Boo. Supposedly the title cards came back "a" Boo Boo and they ran with that title.

Chatterbox! (1977) A young woman who works in a beauty parlor discovers that her v-a-g-i-n-a can talk, which causes her no end of trouble.

• Like 1

Mondo cane (1962) A "shockumentary" consisting of a collection of mostly real archive footage displaying mankind at its most depraved and perverse, displaying bizarre rites, cruel behavior and **** violence.

Was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Song, which it should have won:

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Gummo, Cat Soup (2001), and The Annunciation (1984). 

The Annunciation is probably the weirdest of all 3 for obvious reasons if you’ve watched it. There were some other films I’ve seen that were pretty strange and bizarre but I forgot the names of them.

On 6/26/2017 at 6:56 AM, cigarjoe said:

The real thing.....

lamprey_zpsmtuuuyya.jpg

I’m not even a male but I immediately regretted searching this movie,  clicking and seeing the images. I can’t unsee anything now oof.