Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SLING TV, Movies in Queue

Dialogfan

After being over billed by DirectV, catching them and then going to war with phone calls and letters, I dropped them.  They stated that they were refunding me $430 from over charges, in 3 to 5 days.  I still dropped the service, after almost 20 years with them, for how poorly I was treated.  

After waiting 2 weeks, They issued it as a credit instead of a refund.  They credited my closed account.   

Now they claim they will send me my own money in a credit card in another 30 days.  

I don't believe them. 

I only watch TCM 

I joined SLING TV only because it offers a package with TCM.  I only want to see movies from the 30's, and, perhaps a few from the 40's.  

I love Olivia De Havilland and Bette Davis and this morning they had one on that I have never seen, but it was too early to watch so I thought it would be in the Queue where 15 others are. 

"Call it a Day" is gone!  

"In This our Life" is gone!

AGAIN, TCM has removed them!

Why is this?

Hi Dialog--

Welcome to the message boards. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I had Sling when I lived in Colorado, and it was worth having...to a point. But eventually I found the picture freezing too much and as you said, some films stayed in the queue and others did not. I wanted more control over which titles went into the queue. So ultimately I stopped subscribing to Sling.

Hi Dialog--

Welcome to the message boards. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I had Sling when I lived in Colorado, and it was worth having...to a point. But eventually I found the picture freezing too much and as you said, some films stayed in the queue and others did not. I wanted more control over which titles went into the queue. So ultimately I stopped subscribing to Sling.

Top Billed,

What did you switch to for classic movies?

I think the streaming is improved; no freezing.   It seems that the highest rated movies do not become available after their initial live showing.  

I wish there was a way to only purchase TCM!

Top Billed,

What did you switch to for classic movies?

I think the streaming is improved; no freezing.   It seems that the highest rated movies do not become available after their initial live showing.  

I wish there was a way to only purchase TCM!

Yes...they air live first, then within a day they would be available for streaming (but not all titles, and usually short films cannot be streamed). 

For classic movies, I have subscriptions to Amazon Prime, Hulu and Starz streaming. I can also watch the Paramount Vault titles on YouTube. And I have hundreds of discs of TCM recordings I haven't gone through yet. TCM repeats a lot of the titles in the Turner library so once you have those recorded, there is no need to keep paying to see them again. 

I might try Sling again in October (hopefully the picture quality is better) because TCM will be showing some good Universal horror films. We'll see...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings