Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clever TV show title...

Sepiatone

Being an avid watcher( possibly OVER watcher) of TV since I was strong enough to sit up straight in front of our old black and white Motorola, and watch "Lunch With Soupy", I've noticed some TV show's titles to be sometimes vague, or informative as to what you might expect, and "cool" sounding, disguising an otherwise tepid production.

But recently, while traipsing through my cable services guide, I noticed a few months ago a TV show with what I think is now my FAVORITE title of a TV show.

It's a Canadian production cleverly titled( due to it's spelling)...

"SCHITT'S CREEK"

It gave me some "warm and fuzzy's"...for this reason;

We've all heard the old saying about being "up the creek without a paddle",   Well, my MOM used to abridge it and augment it's seriousness with warning me Ill be traversing the waterway with a similar name to the TV show "If you keep up with that foolishness!"

Obvously, that referrence was fairly commonplace in some regions.

The show features CATHERINE O'HARA and EUGENE LEVY from the august ranks of SCTV, and seemed to be an OK program, but I'll have to delve into a few more episodes to catch up with the show's premise, characters and what seems to be going on.

But to ME, ya just can't beat that TITLE!  :D

Sepiatone

And although we all know better, I DO know a few guys who thought the Jack Lemmon movie PFFFT! would have something to do with passing gas!

So, do ANY of our Canadian members watch the show I refer to?  Or, HAVE seen it?

Sepiatone

A Shih Tzu, also known as the Chrysanthemum Dog, is a toy dog breed, weighing 10-12 pounds when fully grown. The exact origins of the breed are unknown, but it is thought to have originated in Tibet and then been developed in China although various hypotheses exist.

vMstvVS.jpg

Ul5AkHy.jpg

q5d5w0q.jpg

So, do ANY of our Canadian members watch the show I refer to?  Or, HAVE seen it?

We're not Canadian, we're in the Seattle area, and we've been watching it avidly since it started. Levy is a genius, and it has Chris Elliot as well. Our favorite Canadian series since "Little Mosque on the Prairie."

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings