Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Lord Behold/Dismiss Us with Thy Blessing" sung by students and faculty at the beginning and end of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1969)

Next: Another hymn not sung in a house of worship

"Buds Won't Bud" sung by Ethel Waters (with a little Dooley Wilson thrown in) in Cairo

(This is one crazy scene when Dooley Wilson comes into it. "Don't let this nightgown fool you honey.")

Next: Sung by an American in a Canadian setting

• Like 1

I could say Audrey Hepburn lip syncing anything in " My Fair Lady ", but I'll just pick Julie Andrews' greatest artistic achievement--

" I could have danced all night "

Next:

The most exciting, uplifting introduction to a movie musical adapted from Broadway

Not sure if it's the "most exciting" but I always loved the opening song to THE PAJAMA GAME called "Racing with the Clock" -- really sets the tone for the show, and it's fun and super catchy. Love Adler and Ross and I'm sad they couldn't write more shows.

next

since I don't know if that's technically uplifting, I'll ask for a really upflifting song