Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

My favorite song from FIDDLER ON THE ROOF and it was cut from the movie --"Any Day Now"

"And the chains will be snapped and the whips be burned
And the swords be turned into plowshares
Any day now, Any day
"

(my apologies if a plowshare doesn't count as a garden tool--I'm a garden-less city person) :)

next

something else cut from a movie (of if you're a big Broadway fan, something from a musical that never got made into a movie)

• Like 1

First Broadway show I ever saw was A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, late in its run, so with Dick Shawn instead of Zero Mostel, who had left to get ready for Fiddler. When I saw the film of Forum a few years later, I was disappointed that this song -- "Impossible" --  had been cut from the film score. (The father in the song is David Burns, one of the great Broadway character actors, who originated the role of Banjo in The Man Who Came to Dinner and won Tony Awards for his performances as Senex in A Funny Thing and Mayor Shinn in The Music Man. Burns also originated the role of Horace Vandergelder in Hello, Dolly!)

Next: Song mentioning furniture