Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"The Darktown Strutters Ball" and many other songs are featured in Eleanor Powell's tribute to Bill Robinson -- Honolulu (1939)

Next: Sung in a Shakespeare-inspired/related movie but not Kiss Me Kate.

The song played over the closing credits of THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL (1976).

Lyrics go somewhat like this:  "You make me smile and laugh / Doesn't sound like much / It's the simple things / A Look, A Touch / And I feel so warm and it feels so right"  The song's title is not listed in the credits so I don't know who sings it, either.

EDIT:  It may be called "I DON'T HAVE TO HIDE ANYMORE"; it's on YouTube, anyways.  I really like that song.  Check it out and see what you think of it.  :)  It's only 3 minutes, btw.

I reckon you could say, PoT, that the opening theme of the 1975-84 sitcom ONE DAY AT A TIME haunts me in that I cannot forget it.  It's only the 1st season's theme, though.  It changed here 'n' there over the years. 

Next:  A movie song you thought brought down the quality of the picture instead of enhancing it

"The Calling" by Harriet Schock from the 1983 movie HYSTERICAL.

Next:  A movie song you've grown so tired of  hearing in the film you'd consider hitting the 'mute' button when it comes on! 

"You Never Know Just Who You're Going to Meet" -- Sherlock Holmes/Dressed to Kill (1946)

("You better hold your topper in your hand, just in case you meet a lady on the Strand.")

Next: Another song from a Sherlock Holmes film

Chicago (that toddlin' town)...several films, including The Joker is Wild (Frank Sinatra)   "On State Street, that great street, I just want to say...They do things that they don't do on Broadway..."

next---mentions day of the week

3 hours ago, shutoo said:

Chicago (that toddlin' town)...several films, including The Joker is Wild (Frank Sinatra)   "On State Street, that great street, I just want to say...They do things that they don't do on Broadway..."

next---mentions day of the week

"Sunday" from FLOWER DRUM SONG

next

Continuing with Swithin's prompt: song from a Sherlock Holmes movie (I'm gonna include Sherlock TV movies too)

• Like 1