Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Feed the Birds" -- Mary Poppins (1964) (Btw, I'm not a fan of The Sound of Music film. Much prefer the original cast recording with Mary Martin.)

Next: Hopeful song

48 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Lost in the Stars (Walter Huston sang it on a 78 my parents owned)

Next:  Favorite Gershwin Song

Hi Chaya, assume you're referring to its use in the 1974 movie?

"They Can't Take that Away from Me" -- sung by Fred Astaire in Shall We Dance (1937)

Next:  Sung by Ann Sheridan, or at least in a film that she's in

• Like 1

"Waltzing in Venice with You" -- performed by Ronny Graham and Alice Ghostley in New Faces (1954) 

Next: Your favorite Mae West song

"I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" (adapted from music by Chopin)-- Ziegfeld Girl (1941) 

Next: Another song based on a melody adapted from a classical composer

• Like 1

"Mr. Wonderful" title song from the 1956 musical -- sung by the Sierra Boys Choir in  The Godfather Part II (1974)

Next: Another song from a Broadway musical used in a movie that was not an adaptation of the musical

On 1/22/2021 at 7:42 PM, Swithin said:

"Mr. Wonderful" title song from the 1956 musical -- sung by the Sierra Boys Choir in  The Godfather Part II (1974)

Next: Another song from a Broadway musical used in a movie that was not an adaptation of the musical

You Do Something To Me  Genevieve Tobin sang this in the play Fifty Million Frenchmen, Jane  Wyman sang the song in Night and Day

song sung by Ella Fitzgerald either she sings in a movie or that's used in a movie

• Like 1

"Sleigh Ride" from Ella's classic xmas album "Ella Wishes You a Swingin' Christmas" is used in the movie ELF

next

a movie song you don't think you've ever mentioned on this thread (you personally, doesn't matter if someone else mentioned it) :)

• Like 1

"Vanilla Ice Cream" -- writing a letter while singing! This is from a TV movie -- PBS' video of the Broadway Musical SHE LOVES ME (Musical version of SHOP AROUND THE CORNER)

next

another song/music heard on PBS at some point

Exodus -the  movie Exodus based on Leon Uris book- Ernest Gold won the Oscar and Grammy for the soundtrack - the lyrics to the song Exodus were written and sung by Pat Boone after the movie release

another song from a movie based on a book

• Like 1