• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

I'm the Greatest Star--Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl

next--'never' in the title or lyrics

Barbra's "I'm the Greatest Star"

Next: a Song Barbra Streisand sang in a movie which was closely associated with another artist, who also sang that song in a movie

( PLS-- Nothing from the first three musicals)

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2017 at 6:20 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Next: a Song Barbra Streisand sang in a movie which was closely associated with another artist, who also sang that song in a movie

( PLS-- Nothing from the first three musicals)

As Time Goes By, sung by Barbra in WHAT'S UP DOC? but sung definitively by Sam in CASABLANCA

next

of all the Greatest Film Songs Of All Time, whichever one is your favorite, other than "As Time Goes By" :)

Al Jolson singing the Warren /Dubin song, "I Only Have Eyes For You " ("All that resonance") from

Jolson Sings Again starring the late great Larry Parks, with a beautiful aid and assist from Barbara Hale, AKA Della Street.

Next: What do you think is the greatest film song of all time?  You have to be objective. Your favorite doesn't necessarily have to be the greatest one too.

BTW-- Athough he wasn't always credited in the classic movies, Andy Williams did a lot of singing in them. On the Moon River album he gives an excellent rendition of "As Time Goes By". It's a good example of his tremendous range and smooth style.

• Like 1

Honestly, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". It has the hope of a brighter future, free from racism and such, laced with the sadness of the pending war and the Hitler atrocities happening right then, and somehow tells us what's in poor Judy Garland's heart all the time--why can't I just be happy?

next

whatever your favorite Christmas/holiday song is (they've all been used in a movie at some point) :)

I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm sung by Dick Powell and Alice Faye in On the Avenue.

Next:  a song sung while bathing or showering.

"The Farmer and The Cowman" from Rodgers and Hammerstein's Oklahoma!

Next: A song written for Fred Astaire which became a big hit for another famous singer, who sang it in another movie

Could it be One for My Baby, introduced by Fred Astaire in The Sky's the Limit and sung by Frank Sinatra in Young at Heart?

1 minute ago, starliteyes said:

Could it be One for My Baby, introduced by Fred Astaire in The Sky's the Limit and sung by Frank Sinatra in Young at Heart?

Yes,  it could be and it is!

Star, keep going you're on a roll--

• Thanks 1

Bing Crosby introduced the  Robin-Rainger song, "Love in Bloom" in She Loves Me Not, 1934.

Today "Love in Bloom" is remembered as comedian Jack Benny's theme song.

(Star-- that was a hard one! LOL)

Next: A song which was originally an instrumental piece, not written for a movie,  but when lyrics were added, it later became the title and the theme song for the same movie

The first song that came to my mind was Laura.  David Raksin wrote the melody and later Johnny Mercer added lyrics.  I've read that originally the song was called Judy because Johnny Mercer had quite a thing for Judy Garland.  However, the title became Laura when it was chosen as the theme for the movie of the same title.

6 hours ago, starliteyes said:

The first song that came to my mind was Laura.  David Raksin wrote the melody and later Johnny Mercer added lyrics.  I've read that originally the song was called Judy because Johnny Mercer had quite a thing for Judy Garland.  However, the title became Laura when it was chosen as the theme for the movie of the same title.

Laura is a nice song; Andy Williams had a beautiful recording of it on his "Call Me Irresponsible" album.

Star, you're still up--

San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)--Scott McKenzie from Forrest Gump

next--'magic' in the title

Changing My Tune sung by Betty Grable in The Shocking Miss Pilgrim.

Next:  a song that is performed during a rehearsal.

" ( You're hooked, you're cooked, You're caught in) The Tender Trap "-- Performed by Debbie Reynolds and Frank Sinatra

Next: A song dubbed by Marni Nixon that would Surprise you--