Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

Al Jolson sang Irving Berlin's Blue Skies in The Jazz Singer.

Next: A movie song sung by a singer who became very popular on classic TV musical variety programs

"I Met a Girl" from BELLS ARE RINGING sung by Deano who had a hit variety show of his own (my parents' generation pretty much knew him as That Guy From The Dean Martin TV Show)

next

a song sung by 3 guys

Here's Joel Grey and two women whose names I do not know singing Two Ladies from Cabaret:

Next:  a song and dance (other than Good Morning from Singin' in the Rain) performed by two men and a woman.

Nevertheless I'm in Love with You  (performed by Astaire, Skelton, and Vera-Ellen in "Three Little Words")

Next:  Song with an unusual accompaniment

• Like 1

Fred Astaire dancing to steam engines in the engine room of an ocean liner to the Gershwins song "Slap That Bass in 

"Shall We Dance".

Next: A song which a famous Flash Act performed to in a movie

(A Flash Act were two or more dancers who specialized, not just in movement, but also in acrobatics-- they didn't have taps on their shoes because they were NOT tap dancers.)

49 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Fred Astaire dancing to steam engines in the engine room of an ocean liner to the Gershwins song "Slap That Bass in 

"Shall We Dance".

Next: A song which a famous Flash Act performed to in a movie

(A Flash Act were two or more dancers who specialized, not just in movement, but also in acrobatics-- they didn't have taps on their shoes because they were NOT tap dancers.)

Princess...I don't have an answer, but was just wondering...is this considered a 'flash act' or a swing dance with gymnastic moves?  

Shutoo-- A Flash Act is not jitterbugs. The best example I can give you without giving one away would be this:

The Nicholas Brothers are tap dancers who also do a Flash Act. A real Flash Act doesn't tap dance.  So  just imagine an act like The Nicholas Brothers  without Taps on their shoes and no tap dancing.  I hope I didn't really confuse you more.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Shutoo-- A Flash Act is not jitterbugs. The best example I can give you without giving one away would be this:

The Nicholas Brothers are tap dancers who also do a Flash Act. A real Flash Act doesn't tap dance.  So  just imagine an act like The Nicholas Brothers  without Taps on their shoes and no tap dancing.  I hope I didn't really confuse you more.

The most famous Flash Act was The Berry Brothers and they worked at the most famous Studio, MGM.

Next: A song The Berry Brothers performed to--

(Thanks LP--  Weren't the Berry Brothers something else!)

The Bells of St. Mary's--  Bing Crosby sang it in the movie, but you can also hear it on Andy Williams's 2nd Christmas album: "Merry Christmas", 1965.

Next: A movie song that Nacio Herb Brown wrote Without Arthur Freed

You Stepped Out of a Dream has music by Nacio Herb Brown and lyrics by Gus Kahn.

Next:  a movie song with lyrics by Ira Gershwin and music by a composer other than his brother George.

• Like 1

Long Ago (and Far Away)--music by Jerome Kern in Till the Clouds Roll By (Kern's bio-pic)

next--your favorite Gershwin brother's song

See What the Boys in the Back Room Will Have, sung by Marlene Dietrich in Destry Rides Again.

Next:  Song sung on a bus.

The Man on the Flying Trapeze-- sung Clark Gable, Claudette Colbert and Company and It Happened One Night

Next:  A movie Cole Porter number not from a Broadway show

7 hours ago, Terrence1 said:

True Love ("High Society")

Next:  Song with a Tambourine

Bing Crosby and the Rat Pack singing Mr. Booze in Robin and the 7 hoods.

Next: Judy Garland singing a Christmas song in a movie

Well, of course there's Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas from Meet Me in St. Louis, but there's also the lesser known Merry Christmas from In the Good Old Summertime.

Next:  A Christmas carol sung by Shirley Temple in a movie.

• Thanks 1