Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

Rock Around the Clock, sung by Bill Haley and The Comets in the film Rock Around The Clock (btw, the budget for the film was under 300,000) it made millions

Song from a film that's been used as an inspirational song over the years

California Sun--The Rivieras, as heard in Good Morning Vietnam  

next--song mentions a US city NOT on either coast

Can You Use Any Money Today--Call Me Madam   

next--since I'm thinking of Ethel Merman now..a song she sang on Broadway, but not in the film version

Blow, Gabriel, Blow was not in the movie Anything Goes.

Next: A song from a Broadway show adapted for Hollywood and sung by a star performer who was not in the original Broadway show --

And who, although a star, was NOT qualified for the role

• Like 1

"I Feel Pretty" sung by Natalie Wood in "West Side Story" but she not qualified for that role musically. (Was dubbed by Marni Nixon) The part of Maria was originally played on Broadway by Carol Lawrence.

Next: a famous instrumental song to which lyrics were added later. Who wrote the lyrics and who sung the song once the lyrics were added.

Theme from A Summer Place--written as instrumental for the film by Max Steiner and that version was a number one hit..but afterwards, lyrics were added by Mac Discant and it was recorded by Andy Williams and The Letterman, among others.  The original instrumental version has been used in many films since...from Batman (89) to National Lampoon's Animal House, and tv shows from Mad Men to The Simpsons.

next--a song that mentions fingers and/or toes

(I'll take) "Manhattan"   by Rodgers & Hart, performed by them in the movie Words and Music as portrayed by Mickey Rooney and

Tom Drake.

Next: A Charlotte Greenwood Number

Lavender Blue sung by Burl Ives in Disney's So Dear To My Heart (one of the reasons for my moniker was this song, the other because I love the color)

song sung at a swimming pool in a movie

the guys don't sing, but Judy Garland is surrounded by guys in Summer Stock--Get Happy  

next--the reverse--a male singer with numerous women in the background

• Like 2

Tony Martin singing "You Stepped Out of a Dream" surrounded by a bevy of MGM Ziegfeld Girls  from MGM's "Ziegfeld Girl".

Next: Bojangles number without Shirley Temple