Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
PRODUCER01

TCM LETS DOWN HALLOWEEN AGAIN!

People were nicer, and much more courteous six years ago when I had my first account.They used good common sense to know that you can't prosecute a person for his/her views and opinions. Some of the people who responded to this threat should be audience to the Jerry Springer show. Such malice is definitely not needed here. The person below simply threw me under the bus with that reply. It's my opinion that AMC, during its good years; before McMahon took over had better program than TCM, more appropriate and a greater diversity of films. Now if you disagree, just give your reason without demeaning or prosecute me. We're all educated adults here. So I assume.

PRODUCER01 If you think I was referring to you I wasn't. I was referring to those grotesque pictures supplied to us by Charlie "Snarfie" Manson!

> I was referring to those grotesque pictures

> supplied to us by Charlie "Snarfie" Manson!

Look in the mirror lately buddy?

A "NameCaller" and a long time member according to the number of your posts. Just like the troll that all the other members are calling attention to. How about that?

> Why don't you go play with your pal "Brad Out of

> Hell" - Meatloaf (Head)?

Na Na Na Na Na NAAAAA! Oh BOO HOO! Snarfie called me Meatloaf (Head) Like Archie Bunker said Your a "Meathead" and a "Dingbat"

No, YOU called me a meathead.

You're becoming incoherent.

Hope you're not gonna come unhinged again.

> No, YOU called me a meathead.

>

> You're becoming incoherent.

>

> Hope you're not gonna come unhinged again.

No Meathead I quoted Archie Bunker are the dogs still talking to you Charlie?

> No, YOU called me a meathead.

>

> You're becoming incoherent.

>

> Hope you're not gonna come unhinged again.

Hey there I read your little rant, so to say. But I was wondering if you could let me in on what the fall of AMC is? Also this has reminded me of something I remember but not completely: Does anyone know what or who this might have been, perhaps on AMC?: A man hosting movies from a trailer in an old western setting? I think his name was Billy or Bob something.

Would be nice to try and fill the broken pieces.

Loves to ya!

Um, if you bothered to read the entire post you'd see that I am no fan of the current AMC. But I can tell you this. I loved AMC when AMC was on top of its game. It did a better job than TCM is doing.

null

The fall of AMC (now known as "Always More Commercials") involves exactly that, with everything that could come along with it: specifically tailoring movies to 90-120-150 minute spots, with attendant editing for time. They had two marvelous (well, to some of us) original series - Remember WENN and The Lot. I was astounded (not to say angered) to realize they were showing commercials during The Lot - loud, blaring, obnoxious ones (still got them on my SVHS originals). I tried to forgive them, figuring the series was so expensive it must have justified it. I never dreamed they would be showing commercials from then on.

A buddy who stayed with them longer than I could stomach it has a copy of Blood of the Vampire and another vampire movie (Slaughter?), shown in 90-minute slots. Blood usually times at about 85 minutes; not here - 75 minutes with 15 minutes of commercials. And, of course, they came fast and furious the last half-hour.... Some Elvis movies I taped before I gave up completely - likewise.

The fellow you remember was Billy Bob Thornton, I'm pretty sure. I believe he was on either Cinemax, or more likely TMC; not AMC. I have some old tapes that would "tell the tale," but they're not handy - probably 15-20 years ago. I was just reminded on another thread that "our" Robert was a host pre-TCM on, was it, The Movie Channel. I may have a couple of those appearances. Let's just say, if my memories are correct, that fine wine has certainly matured in his case! I'm much more impressed with him these days (though I still wonder about the occasional name-pronunciation). Will we ever be told definitively whether he writes his own material? I kinda think he does (and Ben, too), or at least "gussies" it up.

There was a time, after the commercials started, that AMC would show the morning movies (like 6 AM) without them. My Spanish Dracula came to me that way. I have no inclination to even investigate whether that's still true. I haven't taken them off my satellite listings, but have certainly considered it.

Does anyone know what or who this might have been, perhaps on AMC?: A man hosting movies from a trailer in an old western setting? I think his name was Billy or Bob something. >>

I believe you are thinking of Joe Bob Briggs. Joe Bob became a pretty good film critic with a couple of books to his credit as well. He used to host movies for the The Movie Channel or Cinemax, as I recall.

I believe you are thinking of Joe Bob Briggs.

Thanks. A little dose of CRS ("Can't Remember ...") slipped up on me. I had trouble remembering his name even back then - and BBT had a couple of books out on top of it at the time, really confusing me.

Dang, and I thought I had another 20 years at least before that started happening.........

Thanks for all the information! I was younger so I missed out maybe. I actually found a recorded VHS that was my grandpas before he died years ago. He collected a lot of old films too bad their gone. But once I had the time to sit down with my grandma and she and I decided to watch the musical Oklahoma! And I noticed in the corner of all the fuzz AMC and their was no commercial cuts in recording so maybe that is how nice it must have been. You know I also saw some older recording when Osborne was younger! And so I guess my grandpa also watched TCM!

> By the way I was the one who personally put the

> hammer down on user "Riddler"

> and had him removed in case you were wondering. heh

> heh

> Monday you'll lose another alias.

Lame!...........1,050 + posts, .....get a life!!!