Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dolores Hart would'a made an excellent Hitchcock girl

Kid Dabb

Linkback

She was in a single episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents: "Silent Witness" 1957 - Claudia Powell

This confirms, at least, she was visible, and made herself available to Hitch. Then Dolores Hart received her calling... 

I can only imagine the great films she and Hitch might have done together.. and I can't help but further imagine the case had she been around earlier in Hitch's career.

I got onto this because I'm watching what may be my favoite "beach movie" :

Where the Boys Are (1960)

Linkback

She was in a single episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents: "Silent Witness" 1957 - Claudia Powell

This confirms, at least, she was visible, and made herself available to Hitch. Then Dolores Hart received her calling... 

I can only imagine the great films she and Hitch might have done together.. and I can't help but further imagine the case had she been around earlier in Hitch's career.

I got onto this because I'm watching what may be my favoite "beach movie" :

Where the Boys Are (1960)

I dunno.

There's something about her that was always so austere and chaste that it would be hard for me to imagine Sean Connery ripping her clothes off, and her not calling the police or her pastor on him.

Plus I don't think she would have allowed Hitch to peroxide her lovely hair to a platinum tone.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer on this...

Speaking of "WTBA" have you seen the commercial with George Hamilton as the Super Crispy Colonel Sanders icon? He looks more like George Jefferson with white hair!

I dunno.

There's something about her that was always so austere and chaste that it would be hard for me to imagine Sean Connery ripping her clothes off, and her not calling the police or her pastor on him.

Well now, that would be the perfect choice for Hitch to exploit.

To my eye, she's very close in appearance to Grace Kelly - which doesn't help my case any since nearly everyone in these parts seems to dislike her too. 

To my eye, she's very close in appearance to Grace Kelly - which doesn't help my case any since nearly everyone in these parts seems to dislike her too. 

Yes,  Grace Kelly often comes off as austere and chaste,   but that persona worked well in many films.    So I could see an actress like Hart playing similar parts.    

I'm a fan of Kelly because like I stated her film persona worked well in many films and she was a beauty.    e.g. just imagine Shelley Winters in some of her roles?     In Rear Window Jimmy would of had two broken legs if Winters was his gal instead of Kelly.

Yes,  Grace Kelly often comes off as austere and chaste,   but that persona worked well in many films.    So I could see an actress like Hart playing similar parts.    

I'm a fan of Kelly because like I stated her film persona worked well in many films and she was a beauty.    e.g. just imagine Shelley Winters in some of her roles?     In Rear Window Jimmy would of had two broken legs if Winters was his gal instead of Kelly.

With apologies to Ms. Winters, and in complete jest-mode.. Jimmy wouldn't have needed any help 'leaping' from his window.

I always thought Dolores Hart was beautiful.

But I also thought she was rather sexless, which of course is a good quality if one is to become a nun.

Even Elvis didn't hit on her, which says a lot.

That's why I don't see her as a Hitch heroine. Kelly was austere but icy on the outside and hot on the inside appearing. Hart seemed tepid in comparison.

But I also thought she was rather sexless, which of course is a good quality if one is to become a nun.

That's why I don't see her as a Hitch heroine. Kelly was austere but icy on the outside and hot on the inside appearing.

I can agree with that. I always project Grace's qualities onto Dolores - they could have been sisters.

When I watch her in Where the Boys Are, I see a quality which is very attractive to me.. intelligence. To me, that is sexy.

That's why I don't see her as a Hitch heroine. Kelly was austere but icy on the outside and hot on the inside appearing. Hart seemed tepid in comparison.

Beautiful but sexless. By way of contrast, I'm trying to think of an actress who was ugly but sexy.

• Like 1

I can agree with that. I always project Grace's qualities onto Dolores - they could have been sisters.

When I watch her in Where the Boys Are, I see a quality which is very attractive to me.. intelligence. To me, that is sexy.

She really didnt play enough (good) roles to make an impression. Most were forgettable (with the exception of Lisa)...

Hermoine Gingold????

LOL

Well Hibi, I DO have to admit whenever I catch her doin' that whole "One Grecian Urn" bit in THE MUSIC MAN, she DOES kind'a do a little somethin' for me!

(...could be just that toga, though)

;)

• Like 2

Now remember, I didn't say Dolores would not appear "sexy" to another, just that she is "sexless".

That means that she might be frigid while you are hoping to deflower the icy bloom.

She's definitely no Gloria Grahame who projected a sex appeal even if she was playing ping pong onscreen.

Beautiful but sexless. By way of contrast, I'm trying to think of an actress who was ugly but sexy.

Anna Magnani?

Not really "ugly" but she did have big circles under her eyes in "The Rose Tattoo" and looked a bit shopworn.

But still was sexy!

LOL

Well Hibi, I DO have to admit whenever I catch her doin' that whole "One Grecian Urn" bit in THE MUSIC MAN, she DOES kind'a do a little somethin' for me!

;)

How do you feel about Sarah Vaughn, Dargo?

She's got some sex appeal but she also looks like she could give most men a Half-Nelson if they upset her.

LOL

;)

You yearn for the urn, eh, Dargo?

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings