Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies I Have Seen in Theaters

NickAndNora34

GHOSTBUSTERS (2016) 

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. One of the younger girls at my friend's theatre company gave me a gift card for Regal Cinemas, so basically I saw this for free. 

Starring Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon, and Chris Hemsworth.

I walked into this movie with mixed emotions. The trailers/previews did not do this film justice. I was actually hooked by the first 3 minutes. Now, naturally, this did not beat the original, as very few films actually do. This was actually one of the more rare films that spent more time on the script and plot than the CGI/special effects. (*cough cough, Michael Bay*) 

There were a few cameos throughout the film that made me really happy. I think the producers, writers, etc. did a very good job with paying their respects/paying homage to the original 1984 film. The special effects were great without being over-the-top, there appeared to be some sort of camaraderie between all 4 leading ladies, and it ended up bringing some kind of nostalgic feelings for me. 

All in all, I'd give it somewhere between 3.5 and 4 stars out of 5. 

Ghostbusters-2016.jpg

• Like 1

Mostly just a thread for me to post various reviews of movies I have seen in theaters, so you all can decide if you want to pay money for movie tickets or wait for rental. 

Are you referring to "new releases"?   Or older re-issues or "classic" films that get played at anniversary occasions?

If the former, The LAST movie(new) I saw in a theater was GRAVITY a few years ago.  I thought it was pretty good.

As for the latter, I've been able, over the years, to see a few of my long-time favorites put on the big screen for one reason or another.

CASABLANCA for IT'S 50th anniversary.   same for;

THE WIZARD OF OZ

THE GRAPES OF WRATH

CITIZEN KANE

Back in the '70's, me and a buddy of mine made the 40 mile trip to Ann Arbor's UofM campus to see KING KONG on the big screen.

But to more modern fare already mentioned.

GHOSTBUSTERS(2016)---

Honestly, I really never cared much for the original.  I found myself disappointed in it due to my long being a fan of the cast members.  I thought it was somewhat dumb,

But just listening to the radio on my way to be with my wife at the hospital, the reviewer on the station seemed to like this new version a lot.  So did the critic in The Detroit Free Press.

I also didn't like that SONG either.

Sepiatone

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings