Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CaveGirl

If You Leave Here for Good, It Will Be Because...

of what circumstances or whatever?

There are things in life that make a place most hospitable to visit or be at, and then sometimes the most congenial joint goes to the dogs and you no longer want to hang out there.

Sometimes the place itself changes or the clientele and either can make or break the allure of the place.

I see all the reasons why some here are into the TCM Message Board based on the very fine post of the other day.

My question is, if you did leave what would it take to push you to that conclusion even if up to now you have totally enjoyed being here?

I can think of a few reasons but shall reserve them for later exposure.

There are things in life that make a place most hospitable to visit or be at, and then sometimes the most congenial joint goes to the dogs and you no longer want to hang out there.

Sometimes the place itself changes or the clientele and either can make or break the allure of the place.

I see all the reasons why some here are into the TCM Message Board based on the very fine post of the other day.

My question is, if you did leave what would it take to push you to that conclusion even if up to now you have totally enjoyed being here?

Threads like this.    :lol:

• Like 2

Threads like this.    :lol:

You will suffer in Hades for that remark, James.

And ten extra years in Purgatory before you even get there, for the smiley laughing face.

You will suffer in Hades for that remark, James.

And ten extra years in Purgatory before you even get there, for the smiley laughing face.

Ok I deserve that.    So now I'll really address the question:  I'll leave when too many folks here lose their sense of humor.

But as we can see from this exchange I don't thing that will happen.      :)

• Like 2

Perhaps a better question is why people stay. I remember when I hit 10,000 posts thinking to myself, I probably had another 2000 in me of things left to say. I figured I would magically reach 12,000 and then just come on to read and that would be it. But now I am double the 12,000 and it surprises me that I still have things to write about classic films and TCM. When FredCDobbs passed away at the end of last year, I realized the value of each member's overall contributions. And how some of us may post as long as TCM and the fates allow.

• Like 2

Ok I deserve that.    So now I'll really address the question:  I'll leave when too many folks here lose their sense of humor.

Humor impairment is a deadly cross to bear.

The sad part is that the bearer is not the one who suffers most. It is those who are not, who are continually asked to explain what they meant by snide and arch humor.

This can be tiring and I've decided from now on to never telegraph my attempts at humor with a bullhorn or neon lights or even happy faces. If one gets it, fine and if they don't get it maybe it was not meant for them.

I just don't have time anymore to explain all my pathetic quasi-jocund remarks since the way things are going in the world, I could croak tomorrow.

• Like 3

Perhaps a better question is why people stay. I remember when I hit 10,000 posts thinking to myself, I probably had another 2000 in me of things left to say. I figured I would magically reach 12,000 and then just come on to read and that would be it. But now I am double the 12,000 and it surprises me that I still have things to write about classic films and TCM. When FredCDobbs passed away at the end of last year, I realized the value of each member's overall contributions. And how some of us may post as long as TCM and the fates allow.

A very sound and rational answer, TB!

May the fates be kind to you as your posts would be sorely missed.

• Like 1

Make sure that the exposure is not indecent.

• Like 1

Oh yeah? Take a look at the Republican Convention thread.

• Like 3

:o  :o:(  :(  

FRED  died??

Wow!  I really missed THAT one.  I thought he simply quit coming in here.  HE was "good people". And I enjoyed his posts and threads.

But I'll go along with James.  When too many members here lose their sense of humor, and can no longer take a joke, as in what I call, "good natured ribbing", I suppose I'LL excuse myself.

Time might also be a factor.  I may no longer have the TIME to spend here, depending on the rate and level of my wife's recovery from her stroke, as it'll likely affect my availability to come in here, whenever she gets back home.

Incidentally, in another forum to which I belong, there's one guy in it that CANNOT take a joke.  Just the  slightest  jab  sets him off!  We're always at odds, but I can't help it.  I even tried to help by advising him, "If you don't want me to poke even the SLIGHTEST fun of you, then QUIT SETTING ME UP so accommodatingly!"  B)

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Now hold on a minute there...

Humor impairment is a deadly cross to bear.

The sad part is that the bearer is not the one who suffers most. It is those who are not, who are continually asked to explain what they meant by snide and arch humor.

This can be tiring and I've decided from now on to never telegraph my attempts at humor with a bullhorn or neon lights or even happy faces. If one gets it, fine and if they don't get it maybe it was not meant for them.

I just don't have time anymore to explain all my pathetic quasi-jocund remarks since the way things are going in the world, I could croak tomorrow.

I can attest to being on the back-lash end of my humor here.. they just-did-not-getit. But unless 80 % of you behave in this manner, I will remain. 

Humourously yours,

Kid

Well, to paraphrase THIS guy here...

charlton-heston.jpg

"I'll quit coming here when they pry this laptop of mine from my cold dead hands!"

(...and that goes DOUBLE for any of you damn dirty apes out there!!!)

• Like 4

A. I leave in a huff when people stop replying to my topics.

B. I am not cool enough for these groups and I have painful seventh-grade flashbacks.

• Like 1

If two people shed their clothes, Down is that a double exposure?

Oh yeah? Take a look at the Republican Convention thread.

I'd love to look at it, Down but my teacher in college told me never to be a party to plagiarism.

• Like 1

:o  :o:(  :(  

FRED  died??

Wow!  I really missed THAT one.  I thought he simply quit coming in here.  HE was "good people". And I enjoyed his posts and threads.

But I'll go along with James.  When too many members here lose their sense of humor, and can no longer take a joke, as in what I call, "good natured ribbing", I suppose I'LL excuse myself.

Time might also be a factor.  I may no longer have the TIME to spend here, depending on the rate and level of my wife's recovery from her stroke, as it'll likely affect my availability to come in here, whenever she gets back home.

Incidentally, in another forum to which I belong, there's one guy in it that CANNOT take a joke.  Just the  slightest  jab  sets him off!  We're always at odds, but I can't help it.  I even tried to help by advising him, "If you don't want me to poke even the SLIGHTEST fun of you, then QUIT SETTING ME UP so accommodatingly!"  B)

Sepiatone

I am so very sorry to hear of your wife's medical situation and hope that she has a quick and speedy recovery though I know that can take time.

I would miss you here, but if you do spend less time due to her needing your help, please know that a seat will always be saved at my lounge table for you, for venting, vetting, or kevetching [sp?] as your humor is always entertaining and in good fun, Sepia!

• Like 1

If two people shed their clothes, Down is that a double exposure?

Now hold on a minute there.

Now hold on a minute there.

We can't leave. The TCM Board is like the dinner party in The Exterminating Angel.

exterminating-angel.jpg

• Like 4