Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bedtime Story

According to MovieCollector OH's databse, this Universal film has never aired on TCM. I'd love to see it, as it's one of the very few Brando films I've never seen, and it is, of course, the inspiration for DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS, one of my all-time favorite films, with Michael Caine in the Niven role and Steve Martin in the Brando role.

FilmFan, says on imdb that the rights to the film reverted to the writer/producer Stanley Shapiro. Now, he died in 1990, so I have no idea of his family still owns the rights or what, but it sounds like Universal no longer has the rights to it, which might explain the lack of a DVD version. Apparently a pan-and-scan DVD version was released in the UK only more than 10 years ago, also according to imdb.

In spite of my liking Steve Martin in movies MUCH better than I ever did him as a stand-up, and also thinking highly of Caine as an actor, I thought SCOUNDRELS fell WAY short of BEDTIME STORY, which I too, haven't seen in YEARS.

Sepiatone

I actually thought by the title that it referred to the early 1940s.Columbia romantic comedy, starring Loretta Young.and Fredric March. I really enjoy this more than any other film.mentioned here. Plus, TCM shows it occasionally.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings