Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Foreign-Born Wanna Be First Lady Melania Trump Copies Native-Born American First Lady Michelle Obamas Speech

Donald Trump's third wife wanted to impress the Republican convention crowd, so she copied native-born Chicago American First Lady Michelle Obama's convention speech.

You got to say Melania was trying to make a good impression.

I guess she is one immigrant that Donald Trump thinks should stay in the United States.

Is it constitutional for the president's wife, the First Lady to be born in a foreign country?

It just sounds un- American to me.

I think we should get Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg to rule on this one.

I wonder what Marla Maples thinks?

I want to put her up as the candidate for first lady because she's the only wife of Donald Trump who was born in the United States. She was born in the peachy state of Georgia, not in the Ukraine but in the Good Old South.

Let's have an American first lady candidate with Trump. Marla--all the way!

What do you think?

Good Night and Good Luck

• Like 3

If Trump and his people can't get a speech correct, how can they run the country?  They can't.

Melania stated in an interview prior to the speech that she wrote it with a "little help."  Time for Trump to fire her.

Of course it also shows why the Obamas should have a third term and apparently the Trumps believe that.

• Like 2

Donald Trump's third wife wanted to impress the Republican convention crowd, so she copied native-born Chicago American First Lady Michelle Obama's convention speech.

I guess she is one immigrant that Donald Trump thinks should stay in the United States.

Is it constitutional for the president's wife, the First Lady to be born in a foreign country?

I want to put her up as the candidate for first lady because she's the only wife of Donald Trump who was born in the United States. She was born in the peachy state of Georgia, not in the Ukraine but in the Good Old South.

What do you think?

Good Night and Good Luck

Who said the first lady has to be the President's wife? Let Trump select a first lady the same way he selects a Vice Presidential running mate

Maybe she should be suspended from being a potential first lady "until we can figure out what the hell is going on."

• Like 2

I have no problem with foreign born first ladies. 

I didn't hear the speech as I didn't see any of the convention coverage( my TOILET needed scrubbing, and I found THAT task preferrable),  so I can't speak to any of the plagarism charges.

But I WOULD prefer that ANY First lady, foreign born or "home-grown" be someone OTHER than a "trophy wife".

Sepiatone

Am loving this convention. You just cant make this stuff up. LMREO! :D

• Like 2

Who said the first lady has to be the President's wife? Let Trump select a first lady the same way he selects a Vice Presidential running mate

LOL!

What do you think?

Good Night and Good Luck

Maybe Trump married Marla because he thought she was from the other Georgia?

• Like 1

What do you think?

Good Night and Good Luck

The "natural born citizen" controversy is a Constitutional debate.  The Constitution sets down requirements for presidents not their wives.  Issue may never be resolve to everyone's satisfaction - side effect of the "Living document" interpretation.

Historical trivia, Louisa Addams, wife of John Addams was the first and only First Lady born outside of the United States.  She was born in London, Great Britain.

Charles_Bird_King_portrait_of_Louisa_Ada

Yeah! But of course it would also be preferable for the ultimate First Lady selectee's name to begin with the letter "P".

And so then they COULD legitimately use that first and now discarded campaign logo here and without any further bad press...

640.jpg

Maybe the Donald will take a page out of Obama's 2008 speech?

Maybe the Donald will take a page out of Obama's 2008 speech?

but has melania ever pushed salad as lunch for schoolkids? :huh:  :lol:

What do you think?

Good Night and Good Luck

I be for melania trump, the beautiful multilingual babe. :)

Ya gonna break into song now, ND?!

duck-soup.jpg?w=487

"Hail, HAIL MELANIA...She of the many tongues!"

(...ya know, come to think of it, with the way you constantly fracture THIS language, you DO kind'a remind me of Chico there, dude) ;)

• Like 1

My sentiments exactly ND...with auburn hair and tawny eyes,the kind of eyes that hypnotize through and through....so i looked away,at least i tried to look away...but couldn't look away for very long.Now I can't get enough of her.She's so freakin' HOT...the Hottest chick to come down the pike since Jackie Kennedy...makes me wonder why Anybody would want to vote for a mean ugly ill tempered old hag like the Hildabeast..EEEK EEEK EEEK...

The New York Times reports that while Melanie may have copied Michelle Obama's speech, at least she wore a different dress.  Serbian designed no less.  No Pat Nixon plain cloth for this lady.

The plagiarism of Melania Trump is all over the international media this morning:

Melania Trump convention speech seems to plagiarise Michelle Obama

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/19/melania-trump-republican-convention-plagiarism-michelle-obama

Seems. We know not seems. Nay, it is.

I am STUNNED !!!

What mastermind had THAT idea?

Who thought, even for a minute, they this would go unnoticed?

They couldn't come up with any of these brilliant speech writers to write something for her.

Obviously, she didn't know she was parroting.

The whole Trump candidacy is now a laughing stock if it wasn't before.

Whose got the crook to yank them off the stage.

I'm having a hard time believing this.

• Like 1

Melania Trump may have delighted the convention delegates in her  Serbian designer dress but she cant' compare, in my opinion to Nancy Reagan--- and Nancy (who always wore name brand designers)  never plagiarized anybody in her speeches. 

Melania Trump’s Claims She Graduated From College Are About As Credible As Her Speech Last Night-   “She became ― and remained ― a college dropout.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/melania-trump-college-claims_us_578dd95ce4b0c53d5cfac0dc

Melania Trump never earned a university degree in architecture ― she dropped out of college after her freshman year, according to her biographers.  Still, she claims to have a degree from “university in Slovenia.”

Maybe Michelle actually plagerized Melania, but did it eight years in advance?

Melania Trump may have delighted the convention delegates in her  Serbian designer dress but she cant' compare, in my opinion to Nancy Reagan--- and Nancy (who always wore name brand designers)  never plagiarized anybody in her speeches. 

lol

:rolleyes:

Trump Campaign Says Hillary Clinton Is Behind Melania’s Plagiarism Controversy

When in doubt, accuse Hillary Clinton of being a malign and omnipotent force from which all human suffering does emanate.

“There was no cribbing from Michelle Obama’s speech,” Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort told CNN’s New Day. “These were common words and values, that she cares about her family and things like that. She was speaking in front of 35 million people last night. She knew that. To think she would be cribbing Michelle Obama’s words is crazy. This is, once again, an example of how when a woman threatens Hillary Clinton, how she seeks out to demean her and take her down."

Read more: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/manafort-hillary-is-behind-plagiarism-scandal.html

(With apologies to jakeem, who posted this link elsewhere)