Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foreign-Born Wanna Be First Lady Melania Trump Copies Native-Born American First Lady Michelle Obamas Speech

I know that different countries have different (and sometimes sensible) qualifications for degrees. 

Qualifications vary widely according to standards of each University. It is common practice to award degree upon donation of building or contribution to University's endowment. University near here awarded degree to attorney who 'coincidentally' represented University during recent scandal.

It would surprise me if University in: Slovenia had standards so very high that they would not award degree to well-known model after that model contributed time to promote enrollment to University.

I do not know if that is what did happen or if she simply lied concerning this but there are many possibilities which are often overlooked or deliberately 'spun' by media and biographers.

Do you mean to imply that people born in: Ukraine are in any way inferior to those born in: U. S. state of Georgia?

I do not know how: Ukraine came to be mentioned in your post. Ms. Trump is: Slovene. It is same as if you implied that Ex-Ms. Trump is: Cuban because distance from: Georgia to: Cuba is approx. same as distance from: Slovenia to: Ukraine. U. S. state of Georgia and Cuba are on same sea while: Slovenia and: Ukraine border seas which are exceptionally different from each other.

Actually Sans, while the U.S. state of Georgia and the island of Cuba are in and/or along the same "OCEAN", the island of Cuba is situated within the Caribbean "SEA" which of course is part of that Atlantic "OCEAN", and whereas the U.S. state of Georgia does not lie within nor along that same "SEA".

Now, this might be a case where your otherwise great command of the English language let you down a bit...well this, and as I've noticed over the years, your occasional lack of use of the words "a"/"an" and "the" within your texts while describing some subject and when proper English grammar would call for it.

(...but HEY, as I ALSO recall, AT LEAST with you being a good American now, I haven't noticed you spelling certain words in this language with that hoity-toity British SUPERFLUOUS LETTER "U", anyway!!!)

LOL

;)

I saw another article where it said her father was actually a manager of a government owned automobile and motorcycle dealership.  I would imagine this took very good connections within the Party.

I can not speak with authority of low-level politics of that region at that time but it was common for places where I lived that such positions were awarded in main based upon loyalty and public appeal. They were the carrot dangled to show that being good little citizen and not screwing up can bring rewards.

My uncle was made manager of movie theater because he was widely liked and held in esteem by those who love movies. This was despite his decades of trouble with local party authorities.

Any person with good connections would aim for position within government department where they would have more authority and be less in public eye. 

Actually Sans, while the U.S. state of Georgia and the island of Cuba are in and/or along the same "OCEAN", the island of Cuba is situated within the Caribbean "SEA" which of course is part of that Atlantic "OCEAN", and whereas the U.S. state of Georgia does not lie within nor along that same "SEA".

I was in error. I apologize for that mistake. I thank you for alerting me to this.

I have added: 'Edit' to original post to correct my mistake.

I had simply looked at map and saw they were on same body of water. I failed to make distinction between: Gulf of Mexico and: Caribbean Sea. I will try to not make same mistake again. It is sad to say that I am sure to find other mistakes to make.

I appreciate that all here have been tolerant of my lack of fluency in writing: English.

• Like 1

Whether it's Russia, Ukraine, or Slovenia, there are an a surprisingly amazing number of beautiful females that come from those locales. 

I can not speak of: Russia or: Slovenia or even all of: Ukraine but I do not remember ever seeing ugly women in: Odessa. I believe that it may have been law that all ugly babies had to be deported immediately to: Crimea. 

• Like 1

I was in error. I apologize for that mistake. I thank you for alerting me to this.

I had simply looked at map and saw they were on same body of water. I failed to make distinction between: Gulf of Mexico and: Caribbean Sea. I will try to not make same mistake again. It is sad to say that I am sure to find other mistakes to make.

I appreciate that all here have been tolerant of my lack of fluency in writing: English.

RATS!!!

It seems you've replied to my earlier post to you before I edited it and added that thing(okay, my usual joking "rant") about the British superfluous "u"!!!

LOL

And btw, and as I've said many a time around here to you, I don't feel I've EVER had to be "tolerant" of your use of this language, and because over these years I've found that YOUR use of it is probably better than 90 percent of NATIVE born Americans! AND in fact, FAR superior to that of that inarticulate blowhard New York man-child whose pretty little wife from Europe gave her little speech about the other day, and which this thread WAS originally about!

(...oh, AND 'cause, well, I've always felt you to be one VERY smart and entertaining lady!)

Speaking of Georgia, wonder if Ray Charles a hit there?

Blues is popular. People are more willing to listen to music in foreign language there than they are in: America. I am sure that he is well appreciated.

• Like 1

It seems you've replied to my earlier post to you before I edited it and added that thing(okay, my usual joking "rant") about the British superfluous "u"!!!

I have noticed when re-reading posts that I use: British spelling on occasion. I believe it relates to what I am reading at the time. I am huge fan of: P. G. Wodehouse and I like very much to read: British translations of: A. Dumas. I am sure their spellings have temporary influence on my own.

I've always felt you to be one VERY smart and entertaining lady!

My self-effacing concerning my writing: English is largely due to my lack of skill often presenting me as backward third-grader and prevents all from knowing how truly awesome I am! ;)

Speaking of Georgia, wonder if Ray Charles a hit there? ;)

Wrong guy and wrong song;   Paul McCartney is a hit in Georgia as listed on your map since it is always on his mind  (see lyrics to Back in the USSR, where Paul stole that line from the guy below). 

As for the song Georgia,  that was written by one of the best songwriters ever,  Hoagy Carmichael (Stardust being his signature song).

Hoagy was also an actor in films like Topper,  To Have and Have Not,   Young Man with a Horn,   The Best Years of our Lives, and Night Song.    The song Georgia is named after his sister who he missed when he went to Hollywood. 

Blues is popular. People are more willing to listen to music in foreign language there than they are in: America. I am sure that he is well appreciated.

Yeah, in FACT, I heard one of Brother Ray's big hits from 1961 became a big hit AGAIN in the country of Georgia three decades later in 1991.

Uh-huh, as the Soviet Union crumbled that year, the citizens of Georgia could be heard loudly and in unison singing to the Russian troops as they exited their newly re-independent country...yep, you guessed it..."Hit the Road Jack"!!!

Although word was the Georgians in most cases had substituted the name "Boris" for the name "Jack" while singing it.

(...and NOW if I DON'T get at least THREE freakin' "likes" with THIS one, then I'll KNOW you people are one tough freakin' crowd with NO freakin' sense of humor, with or without that "u", AT ALL!!!!) 

LOL

• Like 1

In Russia, road hits you.

Hey Cathy or Kenton(okay, which is it?...I give up), and now YOU have just left out the word "the" in YOUR sentence here TOO!

(...whaddaya doin'?...tryin' to channeling Sans here or somethin'???!!!)

;)

смеясь мой задний конец выключен

HEY HAM! And now YOU have left out the word "the"(or at least the Cyrillic equivalent of it) in THIS sentence TOO!!!

(...well, at least I THINK so anyway)

;)

Don't worry. Your "water" error is water over the bridge (or is it water under the bridge), just like Melania's plagiarism

Any person with good connections would aim for position within government department where they would have more authority and be less in public eye. 

Apparently they lived well, vacationed often in Western European resort areas, made expensive purchases and brought them home.  Better able to do this with a postion where things are bought and sold for money rather than in a government agency?

Wrong guy and wrong song;   Paul McCartney is a hit in Georgia as listed on your map since it is always on his mind  (see lyrics to Back in the USSR, where Paul stole that line from the guy below). 

As for the song Georgia,  that was written by one of the best songwriters ever,  Hoagy Carmichael (Stardust being his signature song).

Hoagy was also an actor in films like Topper,  To Have and Have Not,   Young Man with a Horn,   The Best Years of our Lives, and Night Song.    The song Georgia is named after his sister who he missed when he went to Hollywood. 

Georgia on My Mind was a big hit for Ray Charles and he sang it for opening of Designing Women TV series.  It is the state song of Georgia. Appears we are talking about both Georgias here.

Apparently they lived well, vacationed often in Western European resort areas, made expensive purchases and brought them home.  Better able to do this with a postion where things are bought and sold for money rather than in a government agency?

Like a good communist with party connections. The proletariat? Nah.

Yeah such an Earth shaking  revelation, to think she is the first person in history to plagiarise.

ftivlw.jpg

Naturally the Republicans and Trump never do this.

• Like 1

Georgia on My Mind was a big hit for Ray Charles and he sang it for opening of Designing Women TV series.  It is the state song of Georgia. Appears we are talking about both Georgias here.

Yes,  the Ray Charles' cover of the song was a major hit and it has been used to represent the state of Georgia but like I noted the actual song had nothing to do with the state of Georgia (and especially Georgia from the prior USSR).

The reason I mentioned Hoagy is that the vast majority of folks I meet believe Charles wrote the song. That it is his song.  e.g.  when they hear the Willie Nelson version they say this is a nice cover of the Charles song.     NOT.     (PS: I love the Nelson version but it is a nice cover of Hoagy's 1930 song).

I'm playing tonight and Georgia on My Mind is a song we always play.   Trust me there will be someone that says 'nice version of the Ray Charles song'.     Hoagy was a major talent and I want him to get his due.

• Like 1