Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

May's star of the month

sparklemotion

I'm fairly new to watching TCM and I'm beyond sad to see that I missed Bette Davis as star of the month in May. :( Especially upsetting seeing how many of her early movies they aired, many that I've only seen in documentary clips.

Do they ever repeat stars of the month or is that fairly unlikely? I'm hoping they might so I can console myself for the lost opportunity.

> Do they ever repeat stars of the month or is that

> fairly unlikely? I'm hoping they might so I can

> console myself for the lost opportunity.

You can type the movies you want to see into the TCM site and then submit your email so they'll alert you if they pop up on the schedule. Because I know I have missed movies from time to time that are rarely shown.

"You can type the movies you want to see into the TCM site and then submit your email so they'll alert you if they pop up on the schedule. Because I know I have missed movies from time to time that are rarely shown."

You can?! I wasn't aware of this feature. I thought we could only get a reminder of movies that have already been scheduled...

"...It alerts you like a week or so ahead of time when the movie is about to be played. I do it in case I forget it being on.

Yes, it's a great feature. I take advantage of that too. Unfortunately, I think the many of the movies the original poster is hoping to see aren't presently scheduled. And as I recall, when the early Bette Davis movies were playing last May, many posters were delighted because they hadn't seen these movies on TCM before. Perhaps we should send the original poster to the "Suggest a Movie" page. That's worked for me.

I'm not sure if they ever repeat stars of the month, because there are so many stars that are worthy. It might take a few years for them to get back around to Bette Davis. But the good news is that:

1. TCM plays alot of Bette Davis films anyway, so most of those films will come around again, if you stay alert to the schedule, and;

2. In August each year, TCM airs "Summer Under the Stars". They pick 31 stars and do 24 hours of programming related to that star - one star for each day. I'm sure Bette Davis will be selected for Summer Under the Stars during the next couple of years, anyway, given her huge popularity.

If it's any consolation, I know exactly how you feel. I am a huge Errol Flynn fan, and I was only a VERY sporatic TCM viewer when he was Star of the Month a couple of years ago. I could have kicked myself later for not paying attention better back then...but since then, I have ended up seeing every single one of the films shown.

Thank you so much everyone for your great replies. I'm so glad to know that they might repeat some of those earlier, more rare movies as those are the ones I'd most like to see. The few times I did watch TCM, I have only caught the more common ones and being that I own ever Bette movie released on DVD, those weren't the ones I'd been looking to see.

Big thanks to Zombie6422 for that great e-mail movie alert tip. I'll definitely do that.

And thanks for the welcome, stoneyburke. :)