Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the content direction

m1y1

Is TCM becoming to artsy fartsy?I think so.I also think if we as fans TCM will go down the same path to unwatchability as TV LAND.I used to be a big fan of both.TCM has strayed from what made it great films from the golden age of Hollywood.The 1920`s-1950`s.I se by the e-mails that I am not the only one who wishes TCM would go back to what made it great and the best resourse for the classic movie fan since the late,late late show.

Thank You.

Either I'm experiencing a strong sense of d?j? vu or this question has come up numerous times already over the past months. Many concur with you, others think everything is fine, and a couple will show you schedules from 10 years ago to prove that nothing has changed. There are several threads on this subject that you might wish to add to.

Enjoy.

The more and more I read these threads (and have collaberated many times on them with concurance), the more thankful I am to even have TCM. Nothing is perfect, but what other channels are even showing these classic films? What are you gonna do? Order HBO? Showtime?

Ben M.> I apologize. You could do a collaberative rap before each movie and I'll still watch. TCM is still the best thing on TV right now...

In fact, I'll go one step further>>> and this goes to the Turner Classic Programer. If TCM must play more modern films or horrific 70's drama to keep their ratings up, if Ben M is helping with more youngsters to catch on to classic film, go right ahead. Ok by me. If it means Turner Classic must go off the air with more classics showing, or stay on the air with less... I'll take the less.

And I hope Ben M. and Rob Zombie bring more young people to view Turner Classic... because I believe the content of these films is merely stand alone anyway. :)

I have been one of the first to complain, but I would hate to look back twenty years from now and regret the things I have said here in these boards... When there may be no Turner Classic to complain about.