Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Imports

moviemeister

Why has TCM moved their foreign film schedule to Sunday at 2 am in the morning when most of us working stiffs can't watch it unless we have TiVo? It used to be on Friday at 2 am in the morning so if we wanted to stay up late to watch it, no big deal. It's not a work day the next day. GEEEEEZ TCM!

In some ways, placing Imports directly after Silents makes a bit of sense, since both draw a fairly specialized audience. (And perhaps the audience for each overlaps a bit. I know I enjoy both silents and foreigns.)

More importantly, however, what happened to Branded to Kill, which was scheduled to play last night? (It was replaced by Westfront 1918, a fine German film but one that I've seen twice already.) I imagine it must be a rights issue, but I certainly hope TCM Programmer will be able to reschedule Branded to Kill some time in the near future, as I've become very interested in Suzuki's work. (Same goes for Onibaba, which was listed in the center section of October's Now Playing but was replaced by The Testament of Dr. Mabuse, another fine German movie but also one I've already seen a couple of times.)

Dang, I forgot about Onibaba. I always tape the TCM import and I didn't even notice there was the change. I would have liked Branded to Kill to play, but I have already seen it. I wanted to tape Westfront 1918 back when it ran in May. However I didn't get home in time because I had to go to the Emergency Room after being punched in the face at a dodgeball tournament. So I'm glad I was able to tape it last night.