Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Talking Gangster Dogs

Intrigd989

On Novermber 4th around 8pm, I caught a film about some Talking Gangster Dogs. My daughter and I were laughing the entire time. I was trying to find the title of the film. I was also trying to find out if there are more films like these. They were halarious!!

Thanks

The Dogville shorts have been running for what seems like forever. There's even a shot from one of them in the new One Reel Wonders opener.

I can't stand them, but they seem to be popular. I'd imagine they'll be running all nine of them at one point or another.

I can't stand them either but for a different reason, that I believe mrsl agrees with.

I can't IMAGINE how the dogs were treated to make them do the 'tricks' they had to do for these films. Circus dogs, movie dogs, they were all mistreated to do what they did for the sake of money.

But hey, that's just me....and mrsl, right?

dolores

Me, otterhere? I would never presume to dictate what you should or shouldn't laugh at.

These poor dogs are long gone and buried. This is just my personal (well one of them) hot buttons in this world.

It's why I belong to the American Humane Society, and they are kind enough to reply to me when I see what I think might be a transgression on a television or movie set.

I'd like to volunteer to be an on-set AHS moderator when I retire, but Mr. dolores thinks I'd be silenced in a real hurry and my body buried somewhere. I'm not exactly temperate or politically correct (nooooo, really???)!

:)

dolores

Actually, that's one of the reasons I don't like them. The other is that the first one I saw was "All Quiet on the Canine Front," a parody of what I think is the finest anti-war movie ever made. It seemed like a pretty tastless subject for a short featuring dogs.

JonParker

No one's more for the underdog (pun intended) than I; in fact, I've been accused of caring more about animals than about people. So, yeah, when you put it in terms of being "cruelty to animals," it makes it kind of hard to enjoy it w/o shame... : (

On the other hand, those animals are indeed dead and gone and they're certainly not doing this anymore, so we might as well view and appreciate them for their -- whatever -- camp, history, bizareness... Even humor, if we can bear to watch it...

I posted this question not to offend anyone. I believe that these dogs were abused as much as clay is beaten everytime there is a gumby re-run. Cruelty to animals is serious. I dont take it lightly. Keep in mind that a lot of the shots were looped to look continuous.

Anyways. Some people are way to sensitive. Pick another cause to champion.

Funny shorts. I think children of all ages would enjoy these shorts.