Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie search;THe orig."war of the world" movie Walmark sold it for awhile.

Hay folks, I am searching for a "War of the world " movie that wall mark sold prior to the new "war of the world movie" coming out That had the Tri-pod machines in it. The film had that old style color look with people like in the days of tops hats. Does aanyone know where or has anyone seen this movie I am talking about at wallyworld. I would very much like to see it.

God bless DC.

What you're looking for is not the "original' version. That was the classic made in 1953. The one you're talking about is the 2005 version directed by Timothy Hines. It appears to have been rushed out just before the release of the Tom Cruise film.

I bought it in Wal-Mart for about $7.00 because it follows the original book much closer than the other movies. However, even at that price I feel I overpaid. It's very poorly made, with very primitive special effects and I've seen better acting in high school drama clubs.

Haven't seen it in any other store and I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart doesn't still stock it. If you really want to see it, you might try some of the internet movie stores starting with TCM's "shopping" link at the top of this page. I hope you enjoy it, but don't say I didn't warn you.

• 3 months later...