Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie search; movies about the city of ATlantis"

Hello folks, I have lone sence enjoyed watching movies about the city of Atlantis But I don't know of aany of the titles of them, Can you all in lighten me and tell me where or who might have some of the titles of these movies.

Many blessing to you and I welcome you to EM Directcurrent

>

Hello folks, I have lone sence enjoyed

> watching movies about the city of Atlantis But I

> don't know of aany of the titles of them, Can you all

> in lighten me and tell me where or who might have

> some of the titles of these movies.

> Many blessing to you and I welcome you to EM

> Directcurrent

You might try 1961's "Atlantis the Lost Continent" with Anthony Hall and Joyce Taylor. A little Bizarre, but entertaining!

A few more movies you might be interested in checking out:

RAIDERS OF ATLANTIS (1983)

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (1959)

ATRAGON (1963) - This is a Japanese movie made at Toho (Godzilla). It centers around the Mu Empire, the Atlantis of the Pacific Ocean, and the super submarine used to destroy it--highly recommended!

Gerb

• 3 months later...

Alien from LA (1987), with Kathy Ireland. Shot on the sets of a South African remake of Journey to the Center of the Earth that was never completed, though it seems to me a VHS version of it escaped all the same. Never saw it, but I suppose this Journey also had an Atlantis angle.

Hercules and the Captive Women (1960s) -- available in PD, but a pan 'n scan version; my VHS copy is on the old Rhino label

Giant of Metropolis (1961) -- available in PD, from Sinister et al

> "You might try 1961's "Atlantis the Lost Continent" with Anthony Hall and Joyce Taylor. A little Bizarre, but entertaining! "

More than a little bizarre, I'd say!

Think about it; an ancient, hidden, super-science wonderland contolled by none other than Ed Platt . . without even a shoe-phone!

1961's Atlantis the Lost Continent with Anthony Hall and Joyce Taylor was attended by my siblings and I while on Easter vacation. Only after attending this delightful schlockfest--complete with the never-to-be-forgotten scenes in which men were changed into pigs--did we learn from our diocesan newspaper that it was Condemned by the Legion of Decency. Oh, h-e-double hockey sticks, the snares of the devil were everywhere in those days. Guess who had to hustle to Sat. afternoon confession pronto that day?

Beyond Atlantis (1973), mentioned by Bollywood, is from the ouevre of Patrick Wayne. It's not bad. A doubleheaded coda to the younger Wayne's special effects period were the Ray Harryhausen feature, Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977), and the Edgar Rice Burroughs film adaptation of The People That Time Forgot (1977). Both were better than the first film, as Pat W. struggled to forge a separate screen identity from his dad.