Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question About Movie Book Series

Gerb

Through the years, I've obtained many a book about films. I've picked up several titles in a series produced by Cadillac Publishing Co. in the 60s and 70s. Each one has a black or dark blue jacket and a golden design of the person or topic on the cover. I was curious if anyone has a list of the titles in this series. So far, I have 19 titles, and I know of about four more. Most of them are titled THE FILMS OF (fill in somebody's name), but a couple of others include ALL TALKING! ALL SINGING! ALL DANCING!, CLASSICS OF THE FOREIGN FILM, THE BAD GUYS, and A PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE WESTERN FILM. I was just curious to see how many titles I'm still missing. Thanks for any help.

Gerb

What do you have? I know they published The Films of Bette Davis and The Movies of Judy Garland Picture Book. I seem to remember having one on movie serials when I was a lad. I also had one on short subjects, but don't know who published it or where it went. (Mothers and attics are a bad combination.)

Well, Jack, you asked for it.

Books I have:

A PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE WESTERN FILM

ALL TALKING! ALL SINGING! ALL DANCING!

CLASSICS OF THE FOREIGN FILM

CLASSICS OF THE SILENT FILM

REBELS: THE REBEL HERO IN FILM

THE BAD GUYS

THE FONDAS: THE FILMS OF HENRY, JANE AND PETER FONDA

THE FILMS OF CAROLE LOMBARD

THE FILMS OF CECIL B. DEMILLE

THE FILMS OF CHARLIE CHAPLIN

THE FILMS OF CLARK GABLE

THE FILMS OF ERROL FLYNN

THE FILMS OF FRANK SINATRA

THE FILMS OF FREDRIC MARCH

THE FILMS OF GARY COOPER

THE FILMS OF INGRID BERGMAN

THE FILMS OF KATHARINE HEPBURN

THE FILMS OF SPENCER TRACY

THE FILMS OF W. C. FIELDS

Other books from the series that I know exist: Laurel & Hardy, Judy Garland, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford and Humphrey Bogart.

I'd like to find a complete list of all the books in the series, but I haven't found anything definitive yet. They're by different authors, but are all bound in identical covers with the thematic etchings that I mentioned before. They're a lot like the film studio series (e.g., The MGM Story, The Warner Bros. Story), but they were ALL published by Cadillac.