Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can anyone answer?

mrsl

Is it only me or has the login been taken off of the TCM home page? It's a real pain with dial-up to have to go to message boards, then back to login and back to message boards again. Have I missed something on the home page? It used to be there, and as of October, it was gone, Why?

Anne

Anne,

The log-in on the home page is still there. It's in the upper right hand corner of the screen under Member Services right next to the movie database. You can either sign in or register if you are a first time user. You can sign in on the home page there and then go to the message boards without having to log in a second time.

lzcutter:

Nope, on my home screne I have a little black box with a little red x in it on either side of the 'database/site' line. If I click on the red x nothing happens, I have to type in 'login' in site then, I wait while it searches for login but at the top of the page appears the old sign-in/register logo. It used to be big and clear under the now playing guide in the upper right corner, then it changed to a tiny spot underneath, now its gone completely.

I'm not having the problem you are, but I suffered (with AOL) the "torments of the d--ned" (figured that would get changed anyway, these days!) in trying to sign in and post - no problem viewing, but only got to post about 1/3 of the time.

SO - a buddy told me (thanks) to use Internet Explorer to log on, instead of AOL's regular page. Works like a charm now. Before, once I logged on (usually it would let me) when I would try to "reply," or sometimes other things, the pages would start to load-and-load-and-load, click-click-click, until I'd get the timed-out page.

Try using Internet Explorer (go into "All Programs" just above "Start" on the lower left) and see what happens. Other than that....... you got me!

I'm sorry lzcutter:

I had to go get my grandaughter, make dinner, blah, blah, blah.

In answer, No, my home page has nothing but the moving pictures of John Ford, RZ, and leading men. The writing at the top has all the different departments like shopping, schedule, message boards, community, etc. but no place to sign in or log in, and no pre-logged name. Where do you sign in? and what does it look like?

Anne