Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FB votes the all-time most Beautiful Actresses & Handsomest Men-(pre 1960 only)

:D   I just got this one somewhat hot off the presses & believe me the editor or editing team of these picks simultaneously has some marvelous music scores to go along the whole ride! & they devided this into many sections

1st of they voted of "The Top 10 Most Beautiful Women Ever up on The Silver-Screen-(pre 1960);-(out of something like 50)>

10th place Bridgett Bardot

9th Lana Turner  (l920-l995)

8th Greta Garbo (l905-90)-(TRIVIA: Though in the early '90's or so "Guinness world Records" voted Greta as "The Most Beautiful Woman of All-Time!)

7th Rita Hayworth (l9l8-87)

6th Hedy Lamarr  (l9l3-2000)

5th place Claudia Cardinale (l939-)

4th Ava Gardner-(l922-90)-(AKA *"The Chairman's" lady)

3rd Gene Tierney-(l9l0-9l)-(R. 0sborne's fav.)

2nd *Elizabeth Taylor (l932-2011)

& FB's 1st place *Vivien Leigh-(l9l3-67)

HETY, NO NATALIE?  She was ranked a bit further down 

AND; it's choices for "The Top Ten most Handsome Actors"-(pre 1960)>

10th place Tony Curtis (l925-2000)

9th Montgomery Clift (l920-66)

8th *Christopher Plummer (1929-)

7th Tyrone Power (l9l3-58)

6th *Laurence 0livier (l907-89)

5th place Rudolph Valentino (l895-l926)

4th *Gary Cooper  (l90l-6l)

3rd *Henry Fonda (l905-82)

2nd *Paul Newman (l925-2008)

& 1st place w/FB Robert Taylor (l9ll-69)

(P.S. Surprisingly no *"King: Gable" or Cary Grant?) -_-

PLEASE SEND YOUR THOUGHTS

Of the men, Henry Fonda is third and Burt Lancaster didn't even make the list??

Yikes...

Yeah, I gotta say that while I agree with most of the women on the list, I've never been crazy about Ms. Taylor's look, and would drop her for Natalie Wood, or early 30's Myrna Loy. :wub:

My THOUGHTS?!

Well, personally I'd move #4(that'd be Ava) all the way down to #1, and #6(that would be Hedy) to #2 and then knock all these other beauties higher up this here women's list, AND as you made note of on the men's list, the idea of leaving Cary Grant out of this so-called "top ten" seems more than little myopic*. I mean, Henry Fonda especially(and not that I don't like the guy) being "more handsome" than Grant? REALLY?!!!

*-"myopic"...good word here, doncha think?!

(...but then again, these sort'a things are ALWAYS just an exercise in "mental m-a-s-t-e-r-b-a-t-i-o-n" to begin with, aren't they...and so in this regard, I'll now concentrate upon my #1 pick on that women's list ...aaaaah, AVA!!!)

LOL

;)

Finally got back in  I knew there would be a lotta' disagreement & I don't blame ya'-(THE MUSIC SCORES ON IT THOUGH ARE TREMENDOUS) & I asked the editors to do the same w/Films, actors, Actresses & even Directors)

:D   I just got this one somewhat hot off the presses & believe me the editor or editing team of these picks simultaneously has some marvelous music scores to go along the whole ride! & they devided this into many sections

1st of they voted of "The Top 10 Most Beautiful Women Ever up on The Silver-Screen-(pre 1960);-(out of something like 50)>

8th Greta Garbo (l905-90)-(TRIVIA: Though in the early '90's or so "Guinness world Records" voted Greta as "The Most Beautiful Woman of All-Time!)

HETY, NO NATALIE?  She was ranked a bit further down  But, they also left out *"Princess Grace?"

& my own top 5 ladies   1st Natalie-(personal choice)  2nd Garbo  3rd *Taylor,  4th *Grace Kelly-(only because I'm having to leave out post 1960's ladies such as Michelle Pfeiifer & *C. Zeta-Jones) & 5th Hedy Lamarr-(barely over Kim Novak)

Now, I reckon on the guys side  A #1 Cary Grant & women just still love *Brando during the 1950's)

THANK YOU TO ALL!!!

• Like 1

You know *"The Chairman" was exrtremely popular w/women-Angie Dickson says she's still in love w/him) & what about ElviS?

After this, we should compile a survey of post 1960's

You know *"The Chairman" was exrtremely popular w/women-Angie Dickson says she's still in love w/him) & what about ElviS

Wow, I didn't know Elvis was also in love with Sinatra!

;) (I'm just joking.)

I just have to say that Paul Newman would be lucky to even be mentioned in the same breath as Errol Flynn.  

Christopher Plummer is mentioned but not Errol Flynn?! 

What?!

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't know Elvis was also in love with Sinatra!

;) (I'm just joking.)

That's just so damn funny, I can't laugh right now, but will save it for later   THAT KINDA' THING COULD STILL GET YOU FITTED FOR SOME CEMENTED SHOES, even though he's been gone 18yrs    & the likes of Charile "The Mumps" Ganzano & Freddie "Two Fingers" Gutuchi  would do it  (P.S. TO ALL CHECK OT "THE BEST OF DON RICKLES")

Is body included in the assessments, or just face?

Asta and Lassie

Guess they didn't check with the A.S.P.C.A. crowd before compiling their data, eh Cathy?!

(...or I suppose the C.S.P.C.A. crowd if you happen to be north of the border up there)

;)

I always find these lists fascinating. Why bother to ask people their honest opinions if they are to be ridiculed if they don't pick the "right" people. There is no right or wrong opinion. Frankly,  I like a list that away from the norm. Those are the type that get discussions going.

The list calls for "Top Ten" and there are more than ten beautiful men and women who acted during the classic era . So some will be left off the list. You could have a top 30 and some one would complain. I see this in music also. 

I've known men (including on this thread), who thought Ava Gardner was the finest woman to walk on a set. If I made a list purely based on lists , Ava and Greta would not be on it. To each their own.

• Like 1

I always find these lists fascinating. Why bother to ask people their honest opinions if they are to be ridiculed if they don't pick the "right" people. There is no right or wrong opinion. Frankly,  I like a list that away from the norm. Those are the type that get discussions going.

The list calls for "Top Ten" and there are more than ten beautiful men and women who acted during the classic era . So some will be left off the list. You could have a top 30 and some one would complain. I see this in music also. 

I've known men (including on this thread), who thought Ava Gardner was the finest woman to walk on a set. If I made a list purely based on lists , Ava and Greta would not be on it. To each their own.

Hey, Gerald. You wouldn't happen to be one of those guys like NipkowDisc who thinks Shirley Booth is so hot, he'll do anything to have TCM show HOT SPELL just once, now are ya?!!!

(...naaaah...I'm not "ridiculing" you here...I'm just havin' a little fun with ya here, that's all)   ;)

& my pix post 1960's

"THE LADIES"

Michelle Pfeiffer (l958-)

*Catherine Zeta-Jones (l969-)

& *Nicole Kidman (l967-)

Difficult for me to pick "THE ACTORS" though?

*Warren Beatty (l937-)

*George Clooney (l96l-)

& maybe *Robert Redford (l937-)

• Like 1

That's the thing. Ava had a great body. Some of the others on the list did not.

CORRECTION: This massive compilation can easily be located on (youtube) & not FB It was done in 2012 & subtitled (Monroe Smile)

TREMENDOUS MUSIC SCORES *"GWTW" *"LAWRENCE..." & more, even though most of us disagree I only submitted overall top ten, entire breakdown is like (40)

Just punch in "The World's Most Beautiful Actresses" & Handsomest Men" & it goes without saying to have speakers on!!!

THANX

When making any list of 'best' there can be a wrong opinion in that the opinion is based on very limited exposure to what is being judged. 

e.g.  someone creates a list of the best directors from the 40s - 60s and has never seen a Hitchcock or Wyler film and that is the reason these guys are not listed (verses the person has seen films from them and decided there are better directors).   

I'm not saying the above is the reason actors like Grant and Flynn were left off the list since those are relatively famous studio-era actors so I would hope even non-studio-era movie fans were aware of them.    I'm just making a general point related to polling of a wide \ general group (FB) where the exposure 'level' of those polled can be all over the map.     

(verses say a specific polling group like the Director Guild members for a poll about directors).       Of course specific groups have their own biases but most members in such a group have similar exposure levels.