Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question in regards to the Hal Roach library on TCM

krazykatclassics

For tcmprogrammer,

I'm wondering, since TCM aquired the Hal Roach library from Hallmark Entertainment, has there been any plans to do a weekly series of the classic Hal Roach sound shorts, as apossible lead in to Cartoon Alley?Even though fans can go to the shorts department and see when a Roach comedy will air, it would be excellent to see a regular series, since this by far, is your "biggest" collection of short subjects you now have in your lirbary.

I do know that the Hal Roach fans that post here, want to see such a series on TCM.How' about it fans?Anyone up for a weekly Hal Roach show on TCM?

I'd like to see a regular show for the 'Shorts'.

I'd like to see not just Laurel & Hardy and Our Gang but also Charlie Chase, The Boyfriends, Thelma Todd and Zasu Pitts / Patsy Kelly and whatever else they have. It would be nice to see the Edgar Kennedy series (Leon Errol, Buster Keaton etc. even though they were from other studios if TCM has access to them).

Absolutely. A Hal Roach saturday--that would be so great, TCM, are you listening. They could tack (at the beginning) some of the better cartoon of that time (Paramount's Betty Boops, or Ising cartoons) and then a couple of hours of Roach shorts. Oh, they are so great--we're waiting, TCM.

Philip

Los Angeles