Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

new female Ghostbusters reboot flopping

NipkowDisc

Nipper, you've been away, so you get a pass for starting a new thread when there's been one ongoing for awhile about this very topic. Check it out if you have the time.

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/86808-new-trailer-for-new-ghostbusters-film-out-hoo-boy-this-dont-look-too-good/

Same can said about the Off Topic forum! How many Hillary, Sanders, Trump threads are there? :o

Give poor ole Nip a break :)

(should had called this thread Turkeybusters.)

Why give that clown a pass for staring yet another sexist thread?  :blink:

Whenever we have grammatically-impaired posters who seem to live in their own worlds, speak their own alien dialect and make their own strange, inscrutable threads out of nowhere (if you're thinking what I'm thinking, yes, it usually is, and every board has at least one), I usually try to keep the responses down by advising the sage words of Max Bialystock:

"I don't get it..."  "Shaddup, he thinks he being witty!"    :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The Summer Blockbuster That’s More About Politics Than You Think--

"This is not only because the new Ghostbusters — which, by the way, is pretty darn funny — shows a female crew of poltergeist hunters vaporizing an impending danger to the world after the ghosts are loosed by a deranged tech savant seeking revenge (which you might read as a displacement of the male anger now afoot in the land). More significantly, it’s also because of the way the movie itself has been greeted by males. “How dare they feminize Ghostbusters?” snarl detractors...

http://billmoyers.com/story/summer-blockbuster-politics/

• Like 1

I still think it's safe to say the film was a disappointment.

Had the trailers (and word of mouth) not been so bad, it would've opened with $100 million and gone through the roof.

• Like 2

Please take politics to the OT board and keep it there

Mr. 6666 is one of our nicest posters who engages most politely with everyone else here and when he has something to say, it's worth listening to.

You?

Notsomuch on all three counts.

ps- if it bugs thee so much, feel free to put him on "ignore." just like i'm about to do with you.

Mr. 6666 is one of our nicest posters who engages most politely with everyone else here and when he has something to say, it's worth listening to.

You?

ps- if it bugs thee so much, feel free to put him on "ignore." just like i'm about to do with you.

Wow. A simple request to keep politics off the board and you not only go immediately to ad hominem insults, but put me on Ignore. If you're really that triggered I hope you can find a safe space where there are no microaggressions at all.

You?

Mr. 6666 rarely has anything to say and rarely says anything.   Yea, there are a lot of postings but 99% of the content is a link about what someone else (e.g. a columnist has to say),  especially in the political threads.   

I'm very surprise someone pointing out yet another political link got under your skin.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings