Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, John Wayne married

3 different aristocratic- type Latin American women, who were used to the very best:

One was from Mexico, one was from Panama and the last one was from Peru.  So he couldn't have been too cheap to keep up with those Latin American beauties.

But, Spencer Tracy hung around with an aristocratic rich woman from Connecticut (Katharine Hepburn), spent time in a club with fellow movie star Irishmen, like James Cagney, and played Polo.

So, considering that John Wayne also spent a lot of outside of the marriages time with the Exquisite International Beauty Marlene Dietrich, I guess we'll have to go with him.

Next:

Which one of these actresses would be most likely to spend all day in a beauty parlor:

Ava Gardner or Lana Turner??

Lana Turner, definitely.  Ava Gardner took a role like earthy Maxine Gaulle in Night of the Iguana. She's still beautiful but she's certainly not glammed up.

Next, More likely to have run for office: Jane Fonda or Charlton Heston?

I think Lana would spend a whole month in the parlor.

I'll go with Fonda but the question is for what country.

More likely to execute a practical joke on the boss, Wally Cox or Donald Meek ???

• Haha 2

Mr. Peepers had a lot more guts than anybody gave him credit for.

Now we're going to go to a Mr. Peepers alumnus.

Who is more likely to get the Oscar nomination in a straight dramatic role:

Tony Randall in "No Down Payment"

Or

Jack Klugman in "12 Angry Men"??

2 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

John Wayne was taller (with those tiny feet), but he seems like he would be more conservative.  Spencer Tracy seems like he would take risks, so I will go with Spencer Tracy.

Next:  Which woman would you find more intimidating:  Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron?

Chaya--

I've already answered the John Wayne /Spencer Tracy question.

If you look above your post, you can see the next question which I have posted.

You can answer my question,

Then you can post one of your own.

BTW-- I really enjoy your informative posts.

• Thanks 1
On 8/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Who is more likely to get the Oscar nomination in a straight dramatic role:

Tony Randall in "No Down Payment"

Or

Jack Klugman in "12 Angry Men"??

On 8/7/2020 at 10:58 AM, chaya bat woof woof said:

John Wayne was taller (with those tiny feet), but he seems like he would be more conservative.  Spencer Tracy seems like he would take risks, so I will go with Spencer Tracy.

Next:  Which woman would you find more intimidating:  Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron?

1.  Klugman's.  12 Angry Men seems like the kind of "prestige" picture that would garner more nominations.

2.   Neither really, Jolie seems rather kooky so I'd pick her.  Theron is rather polished in interviews.  Although I did see her on The Graham Norton Show  a few years ago aggressively flirting  with Jon Hamm who seemed rather embarrassed as a good Mid-Westerner would with so much PDA..  If I were Jon Hamm I'd say Charlize.  

Next:  More likely to still win a competitive Oscar--

Tom Cruise or Glenn Close?

• 3 weeks later...

Outside of "Jimmy crack corn and I don't care", I don't know much about Burl Ives--

But I know that Spencer Tracy could really knock'em back. And I imagine if he was in the groove, I wouldn't want to be the one to disagree with him.

Next:

These two brilliant artists were perfectionists. And both of these ladies are at the top of my list of favorites.

But I wouldn't want to work with them. They were hard on themselves and took no prisoners if others couldn't keep up.

Which one would be more likely to give you a little Slack in a scene?

Bette Davis or Lucille Ball?

I would say Jeanette. She tried out for the Met but was rebuked. I'm not all that familiar with Kathryn but Jeanette had the operatic temperament IMO

Most likely to be a better Gidget.

Sandra or Debbie ????

I'm going to assume here that you're talking about Deborah Walley. Although I do get this Gidget confused with Tammy who was also played by Debbie Reynolds and Debbie Watson.

It doesn't really matter about all these Debbie's anyway--

There was only one Sandra Dee.

I'll make this next one as simple as I can--

Which one of my favorite current actors would be more likely to make the best date for dancing the night away?

Robert De Niro or Al Pacino?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I'm going to assume here that you're talking about Deborah Walley. Although I do get this Gidget confused with Tammy who was also played by Debbie Reynolds and Debbie Watson.

It doesn't really matter about all these Debbie's anyway--

Debbie Reynolds. Didn't she do a gidget picture?

7 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I'll make this next one as simple as I can--

Which one of my favorite current actors would be more likely to make the best date for dancing the night away?

Robert De Niro or Al Pacino?

I'll say Pacino.  I'm thinking back to "Scent of a Woman" and the tango scene.  

Next:  More likely to make a good neighbor-- Peter Lorre or Sydney Greenstreet?

• Like 1

I think Sydney Greenstreet would be fun to have as a neighbor. He would sit on his porch and pass the time of day with you-- being loquacious when you passed by.

But on the other hand, having Peter Lorre in the neighborhood would probably scare off a number of thugs and teenage troublemakers.

Having said that, both would be assets to any neighborhood.

Next:

Who would you be more likely to pass off as Joan Crawford?

Jessica Lange in "Feud" or

Faye Dunaway in "Mommie Dearest"?

• Like 1

I really enjoy your answers, Princess.  You give such thoughtful, detailed responses to these strange scenarios.  

Back to your question,  Jessica Lange's Crawford was more vulnerable but Dunaway's Crawford is so recognizable and iconic that I'd think she could be passed off as Crawford.

Next:

More likely to be remade: Casablanca or The Graduate?

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Laffite-- Now do you want to give us one?

Heck no, what would I do with a vice? I wouldn't do that to poor Mank. Anyway, I think I'll have coffee with the lady with the accent, is it Australian? I can't think of her name.